Anybody make this readable?

dunsbyowl1867

Guest tsavo

Sorry, Dunsbyowl, this is a very low resolution bit map. I've converted it to jpg but the quality is just too low. If you've picked it up from a site, why not post a link so we can see the original? Got me curious now......what is it?

Sorry, Dunsbyowl, this is a very low resolution bit map. I've converted it to jpg but the quality is just too low. If you've picked it up from a site, why not post a link so we can see the original? Got me curious now......what is it?

Sorry I can't remember where I dragged it of from. It may be some American Journal - I think It dates from 1836 - "The Mirror of Literature, Amusement and Instruction" - I think it is just a general article but the engraving is an unusual one - is that looking at th canal basin?

Like tsavo states it's poor resolution, i have enlarged the engraving but can't tell if it's the canal basin or not?

Guest tsavo

Looks like it is the building that stradles the canal at the basin. Think the picture is from the Gutenburg site, but although I can't spot this one, they are onlt thumbnail images anyway. That would explain the low res. Sorry, we tried but can anyone else, maybe......? :unsure: :unsure:

Guest tsavo

Yes, looked at them but none for 1836 and there are too many to go through. Think the pic may have been found by an 'image' google, but I couldn't find the right one.

Yes, looked at them but none for 1836 and there are too many to go through. Think the pic may have been found by an 'image' google, but I couldn't find the right one.

Picked up up a book and there it was - though I think the date is wrong!

Guest tsavo

The canal opened in 1819, so safe to assume the caption is a typo and should read 1826.

Sorry I can't remember where I dragged it of from. It may be some American Journal - I think It dates from 1836 - "The Mirror of Literature, Amusement and Instruction" - I think it is just a general article but the engraving is an unusual one - is that looking at th canal basin?

Looking at the watermark at bottom right I'd say it was a thumbnail from eBay, which would account for the low res?