Weirdest Spam Yet

History dude

I have just had this message which ended up in my spam box. I can't make it out if it's genuine or not. There's no link to it and no address.

Has anybody else had one and what do you make of it?

Dearest in the Lord,

With Due Respect And Humanity, I was compelled to write to you under a humanitarian ground.

My name is Mrs Elizabeth Sinbi, I married to Mr.Isaac Sinbi From Cote d'Ivoire West Africa. We were married for 36 years without a child. My late Husband died after a Cadiac Arteries Operation. Recently am sick And My Doctor told me that I will not last for the next six months due to my cancer problem (cancer of the lever and stroke).

Before my husband died he deposited the sum $2.5 Million Us Dollars in the the security Company here In Cote D'Ivoire West Africa. Presently this money is still in the Vault of the Company. Having known my condition I decided to donate this fund to any God fearing person that will utilize this fund the way I am going to instruct herein.

I want somebody that will use this fund according to the desire of my late. husband to help Less privilaged peoples, orphanages,widows and propagating the word of God. I took this decision because I don’t have any child that will inherit this fund, And I don’t want in away where this money will be used in an unGodly ways. This is why I am taking this decision to donate this Fund for the helping of the needies in the society.

I am not afraid of death hence I know where I am going. I want you to always remember me in your daily prayers because of my up coming Cancer Surgery Operation. Write back as soon as possible any delay in your reply will give me room in sourcing another person for this same purpose, Hoping to read from you asap.

God bless you as you listing to the voice of reasoning. I Stated herein. Hoping to receive your reply .

Remain blessed in the Lord.
Your's Sister In the Lord Sister
Elizabeth Sinbi.

Guest Barbara M

We used to get these when we were with Tiscali....since moving to BT we havn't had any more, I understand its a scam to get your bank details, as Syrup said best left alone !!

I haven't had one of those for years, probably because of the more sophisticated Spam filters which are used nowadays.

They are called 419 scams and were very common at one time. (419 is something to do with the way they are categorized in law I think).

Here's a bit of info on the history of them.

Some can be very clever. The dangerous ones are those sent out to the addresses in someone's hacked email account, asking for help, usually 'I've been mugged abroad and need money to get home' etc.. Usually these are pretty obvious, as when someone tried it with Jack Straw's address list, but I received one supposedly from a friend, saying they were abroad at a Humanist conference and had been robbed. The real person concerned is indeed a Humanist, and does attend conferences abroad so however the scammers got the information it did add a bit more credence to the scam.