19, Boden Lane

roy1942

trying to locate abode of ancestor,accoding to the 1881census he lived at 19,boden lane in the municipal ward of st George. I wondered if it was renamed bailey lane.

cheers,stevehb thanks for the maps,dont know how I missed it when I went wanderin around the area tother day.

cheers,stevehb thanks for the maps,dont know how I missed it when I went wanderin around the area tother day.

Not surprised you missed what remains of Boden Lane, there does not appear to be a street sign ......

https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=norfolk+heritage+park&hl=en&ll=53.382932,-1.476299&spn=0.001597,0.003503&hq=norfolk+heritage+park&t=m&z=18&layer=c&cbll=53.382956,-1.476152&panoid=Z1WTh-F3jRkP-u6T_YzWFA&cbp=12,251.61,,0,1.64

stevehb I went back to central library had a look on the 1951 os map to try find any house numbers on boden lane but no luck the only house numbers shown are on the corner of rockingham st & boden lane which is now under grunwergs warehouse. do you fancy having a guess where no19 boden lane stood. no pressure!

Ellen Wragg, born 1872 Sheffield.

1891 Census 48 Boden Lane with Samuel Wragg and Elizabeth. Maybe someone with Ancestry access could do a bit of prodding around.

stevehb I went back to central library had a look on the 1951 os map to try find any house numbers on boden lane but no luck the only house numbers shown are on the corner of rockingham st & boden lane which is now under grunwergs warehouse. do you fancy having a guess where no19 boden lane stood. no pressure!

If the odd numbers on Boden Lane were on the south side, with low numbers to the east, as they were on Broad Lane,

then I would make a guess that #19 was within this area, that is prsuming it was not in a court yard.