Cannons For Bollards

tozzin

I know that somewhere in Sheffield there is at least one old Bollard that was originally a Cannon, can anyone point me in the right direction to where I could find one. The ones on Duchess Rd and Edmund Rd are fairly modern reproductions.

I know that somewhere in Sheffield there is at least one old Bollard that was originally a Cannon, can anyone point me in the right direction to where I could find one. The ones on Duchess Rd and Edmund Rd are fairly modern reproductions.

Are there 2 by the river walk entrance on what was St Mary's Round-about, between the Gym place and the river

All the bollards that are on these links look like reproductions to me, usually any armorial device was usual near or around the touch hole, Ive seen a cannon bollard on this site but I just cant find it.

The Edmund street bollards are grade 2 listed.

duckweed.

That would be the Edmund Road Drill Hall bollards.

Might they be made from old cannons? Just wondered why they were listed?

After being in touch with the Sheffield Archives, they have confirmed my suspicions, they are NOT cannons and they were made grade II listed because of the Duke of Norfolk connection, the H N initials refer to one of the Norfolk's and English Heritage dated the bollards to 1878. My problem solved.