Red Ball Cricket centre, Sutherland Street

Guest Desy

Guest Desy

Did anyone attend and play at the Red Ball Cricket centre, Sutherland Street. It was a shortened indoor version played indoors with a cricket ball outside on a tennis ball. 8 aside batting everyone in the team had to bat 2 overs but you were never out . You only lost 5 runs. everyone also had to bowl 2 overs.

Some firms like my own had there own mini league. Only problem if you played regular it became expensive

Guest The General

Never played cricket there but did join a few of the indoor football leagues!

Grazed knees all round!!!

The General

Guest Sanderson1

Did anyone attend and play at the Red Ball Cricket centre, Sutherland Street. It was a shortened indoor version played indoors with a cricket ball outside on a tennis ball. 8 aside batting everyone in the team had to bat 2 overs but you were never out . You only lost 5 runs. everyone also had to bowl 2 overs.

Some firms like my own had there own mini league. Only problem if you played regular it became expensive

Guest Sanderson1

Both played and worked at Sheffield,Warrington and Leeds, if anyone would like origional photos or rules etc I have them and have often thought of the game and why it never caught on !.

I played there for many years, starting right at the beginning.

I was fortunate enough to captain the Sheffield team which reached the National Finals, losing in the final by 2 runs if I remember correctly.

The centre was run by Jim Cameron and John Hampshire. John unfortunately is no longer with us, but I have happy memories of spending many an hour with him talking about cricket, he was a very modest man and a true gent. Jim on the other-hand is an Aussie, so the less said the better! Only kidding. We played cricket and rugby together at Parkhead and Tigers before he eventually went back to Sydney. He now runs a cricket pitch maintenance company, and as far as I now is in good health.