Elizabeth Bramham

Guest sal1974

Guest sal1974

Hi, I'm completely and utterly flummoxed!!! Not sure if there is an error on census or more likely I've got 2 Elizabeth's mixed up. But where I find info for one in the timeline there is nothing for the other. Any help on unravelling this mess or where to start looking would be much appreciated as its driving me crazy!! It's the one married to Thomas mawhood I'm interested in. Hope this makes sense!

1846 born in wath

1851 census living in wath

1865 marriage to Thomas mawhood in Sheffield

1871 1881 1891 state born in Sheffield not wath

1901-1911 born in wath living in Lincoln

1922 death in Lincoln

Guest suesi

Hi

I don't think that your Elizabeth died in Lincoln and was born in Wath.

The 1871, 1881, and 1891 census you found I think are correct - Elizabeth born in Sheffield.

In 1901 the Mawhoods are living at 16ct 4 house Bernard St, Sheffield. Elizabeth still born in Sheffield.

In 1903, there is this death

Elizabeth Mawhood Sep 1903 Sheffield 9c 329 age 57

In 1911, Thomas Mawhood states he is a widower

He dies in 1917

Thomas Mawhood Mar 1917 Sheffield 9c 725

I am not sure who are the parents of Elizabeth Bramham. I suggest obtaining the marriage certificate to confirm her father's name.

Hope this helps.

Guest sal1974

Thanks a million Suesi. I've been going round in circles so long I'm dizzy. Cheers for taking the time to help me.

Courtesy of Sheffield Indexers, Elizabeth and Thomas are buried at City Road.

Elizabeth, wife of Thomas died 16 ct 4 Bernard Street age 57 and buried 27 August 1903.

Thomas Mawhood, forger, age 78 died Fir Vale Union Hospital and buried 4 January 1917.

Guest sal1974

Thanks Annie and again to Suesi. As I'm sure it's obvious to all I'm quite knew to all this. I'm fine when it's all straightforward but when I get mixed up I just don't know where to start! Your help on this site is invaluable and I'm learning (I hope) lol

Guest sal1974

I think I have found her on the 1861 census aged 15 living as a lodger. But can find no previous record for her. Does anyone have any experience of this. Could her birth not have been registered for any reason? There's nothing on ancestry any ideas of other places I could look for free? Thanks in advance

Guest suesi

Hi

I can't find an Elizabeth Bramham in 1851 either.

From the 1861 census, she has a two sisters Ann b.1843 and Harriet b.1849.

I think the surname has been misspelt in 1851- could be Bramwell, Bramall, Brammer etc so its harder to find.

There is a possible BRAMMAL family living at court 3 Marcus St, Brightside in 1851 but this is just an idea.

On freebmd, the only suitable births for Elizabeth seem to be these ones

Elizabeth Brammall Dec 1845 Sheffield 22 544

Elizabeth Bramall Jun 1846 Wortley 22 794

Elizabeth Brammer Sep 1846 Wortley 22 735.

I think the marriage certificate of Elizabeth Bramham and Thomas Mawhood is needed for name and occupation of Elizabeth's father to help with the search .

Sheffield Mar 1865 9c 430

Hope this helps

Guest sal1974

Right I will get one ordered then. Thanks a lot suesi. I will let you know how I get on