The Corner Pin

Guest Danny

Guest Danny

Not sure this is the right place for this, so feel free to move it if so.

The Corner Pin, Carlisle Street, is currently undergoing some sort of exterior (and maybe interior, but as i've never been in i cant comment) renovation. Its covered in scaffolding and all the rendering has been removed revealing some very nice brick work.

I always thought the big corner emblem with the pubs name on was as old as the building, but there are plenty of pictures on PS that show it without this. It is still in situ though, they have just removed all the paint from it thats all.

i drive past most days, and when i next go past as a passenger i'll try and get a decent pic and post on here.

The scaffolding is still up, even though the rendering has gone. Unless they are going to treat the brickwork with something, i really hope it doesnt mean they intend on applying fresh rendering as that would be such a shame.

I have always thought this pub, if it could speak, would be able to tell a tale or two. The countless afternoon sessions from the steel workers it must have seen over the years, and after work ones too for that matter!

Dan