This Weekend ...

RichardB

Now, this re-enactment hurts. I may give philately another go ...

I shouldn't bother,__________________philately will get you nowhere !!! :wacko:

HD

I shouldn't bother,__________________philately will get you nowhere !!! :wacko:

HD

Shouldn't there be a "Boom Boom!" at the end of that (especially as Richard's an artilleryman... I'll get me coat...)

Was that you, stood behind me at the finale ?

Shouldn't there be a "Boom Boom!" at the end of that (especially as Richard's an artilleryman... I'll get me coat...)

Just a single "Boom" Bayleaf, - unless they make a double barrelled cannon!

Just a two cannon job on this event, when we have more we do try to set 'em off in sequence.

Just a single "Boom" Bayleaf, - unless they make a double barrelled cannon!

We try for six.

Setting 2 cannons off in sequence, or as Basil Brush would have said "Boom Boom!"

Just a two cannon job on this event, when we have more we do try to set 'em off in sequence.

I loved the bit about the rehearsals for Thatcher's funeral, they were carried out in the early hours so as not to disrupt anything. There was a gun salute to be carried out, so for the rehearsals there were gun teams in position but so as not to disturb anyone but to get the timing right there was a soldier who said 'bang' instead of firing the guns.

We were so far away from the crowd we just resorted to making a lot of noise and smoke, very enjoyable, On the third day I got to sit on the grass the whole battle with the box of powder and looking out for the horses running about, great fun and knees not too shot the make the Oxford to Newcastle drive - tired though.

That's a very impressive turnout Richard, it must have been quite a sight!