Any Truth About The Rumours ...

RichardB

It's true Richard,

But our secret missile silo aka "The Hole In The Road" will fire an interceptor missile to destroy the incoming missile somewhere high above the arctic.

Don't worry Richard, Sheffield has its own nuclear deterrent, with star wars capabilities.

A short. squat missile then ?

It's true Richard,

But our secret missile silo aka "The Hole In The Road" will fire an interceptor missile to destroy the incoming missile somewhere high above the arctic.

Don't worry Richard, Sheffield has its own nuclear deterrent, with star wars capabilities.

A short. squat missile then ?

No, an American style minuteman missile (so called because it can be armed and launched within a minutes notice, - so we are nicely covered by the "4 minute warning" from the Fillingdales advance warning radar station)

However, the hole in the road always reminded me of the launch pad of Thunderbird 3

Of a North Korean planned strike on Parkwood Springs ?

lol

Seems a bit of an extreme way of using the dumpit site, but I suppose it cuts down on traffic congestion.

Pre-emptive strike, preparing for the main attack on Wardsend.and Meadowhell ...

Seems a bit of an extreme way of using the dumpit site, but I suppose it cuts down on traffic congestion.

Why not Meadowhell first??

That reminds me of something that happened in Parliament shortly after the outbreak of WW2. A member asked whether we could attack the Black Forest with incendiaries to burn it and deny the wood to the German war effort. A shocked minister in reply said "Does the honourable member not realise that most of the Forest is privately owned?"

Why not Meadowhell first??

As much as we, as local Sheffielders , joke about Meadowhall (known locally as you say, as Meadowhell) and how glad we would be to see it's demise. I actually see it as being a potential target for an unprecedented terrorist attack on the scale of the 7-11 attacks in London. An attack there would cause a lot of damage and injury. I first started to think this years ago when the IRA were attacking random, unexpected targets like pubs in Guildford and Birmingham and places like Warrington, but these days I think an Al-Quiada attack is more likely.

I just hope that Meadowhall security is alert enough and aware of the possibility of this threat, - for everybody's sake.

Although I don't like the place I must admit I went there a few days ago and was pleasantly surprised with how it had changed for the better and I had a very nice meal + day out there.

........Meadowhall..............

I had a very nice meal + day out there.

Well I have heard everything now lol

Well I have heard everything now lol

As you know me and Mrs H go there about once, or at most twice, a year on a shopping trip and it is usually hell, - in keeping with it's local name.

But on Tuesday it was all very civilised, we managed to get everything we wanted without any trouble, - including a meal in the Oasis.

Very different and very much better than our previous experiences.