Caravan ?

RichardB

Clarkson. He is/was one of the 'set', though I understand he now has a converted lighthouse on the Isle of Man. There was some to-do after he moved in because he wanted to divert a public footpath that passed too close to the house.

Clarkson, Cameron and Brooks.

What a set.

I'm glad I don't live anywhere near them.

A lighthouse seems an ideal location for Clarkson, - isolated from the rest of civilisation where he can quietly just go mad surrounded by rough storm seas.

Eyup Dave, I see Jezzer's accepted an invite to Thatcher's funeral. I take it you'll be turning your invite down then?

There's a programme on Radio 4 called The Unbelievable Truth. On yesterday's programme one of the topics was Clarkson. It seems in 1973 he appeared in a radio version of Jennings and Derbyshire, as a character called Atkinson, who got on everybody's nerves by all accounts. They played a clip of it. Have a listen, you'll probably agree with the sentiment that follows it!

Apparently his first job was selling stuffed toys of Paddington Bear that his Mum made. She had the franchise apparently, though I remember reading that she began by making them for her children, who liked them so much she went into production, only she forgot to ask permission from Michael Bond, and nearly got taken to court over it.

Eyup Dave, I see Jezzer's accepted an invite to Thatcher's funeral. I take it you'll be turning your invite down then?

There's a programme on Radio 4 called The Unbelievable Truth. On yesterday's programme one of the topics was Clarkson. It seems in 1973 he appeared in a radio version of Jennings and Derbyshire, as a character called Atkinson, who got on everybody's nerves by all accounts. They played a clip of it. Have a listen, you'll probably agree with the sentiment that follows it!

Apparently his first job was selling stuffed toys of Paddington Bear that his Mum made. She had the franchise apparently, though I remember reading that she began by making them for her children, who liked them so much she went into production, only she forgot to ask permission from Michael Bond, and nearly got taken to court over it.

So, before Stuart criticises my comments about Clarkson and jumps to his defence saying what a fantastic bloke he is it seems there is a lot of truth in the comments I have made about his character. A few years ago one of the Daily newspapers printed a picture of him using a mobile phone whilst driving, - isn't that great for a bloke who considers himself, again arrogantly, to be "a fantastic driver", - and I bet he didn't get a fine or penalty points for driving whilst using a mobile phone either.

Jennings and Derbyshire?

Are these characters from a book about schoolboys?

I know very little about it but Stuart had read the books years ago at Junior school before I met him.