open market

student nurse

does anybody remember the open market held on a friday morning? they had an excellent shoe stall there but you had to go down mega early if you wanted a good pair :unsure:

Guest coffee cup

I remember my sister going their early in the morning, she got some really groovy boots, problem was she was 2 sizes bigger than me, so I never got the chance to borrow them.

:( :(

I remember my sister going their early in the morning, she got some really groovy boots, problem was she was 2 sizes bigger than me, so I never got the chance to borrow them.

:(:(

i remember getting a pair of white ankle boots with tastles on i adored them wouldnt be seen dead in them now tho lollol lol

Guest coffee cup

Like a lot off stuff we had back then. :blink::blink:

I for my sins had a pair of Bay City Roller Trousers, that I wore with pride, thank god I have no photos of me wearing them.

lol lol

wouldn't admit to that if i was you!!! my brother did too. i myself was madly in love with donny osmond :P

Guest coffee cup

wouldn't admit to that if i was you!!! my brother did too. i myself was madly in love with donny osmond :P

I liked David Cassidy

looks like there is only me and coffee cup who were sad enough to get up mega early to go to the shoe market :huh: :huh:

looks like there is only me and coffee cup who were sad enough to get up mega early to go to the shoe market :huh::huh:

Oh no, I was there too, into Slade at the time though lol

bought some right rubbish there !!!

does anybody remember the open market held on a friday morning? they had an excellent shoe stall there but you had to go down mega early if you wanted a good pair :unsure:

Would that have been the SETTS Market ?

i wouldn't have owned up to that one but then again i suppose someone had to like them!!! he hehe he he he

Guest coffee cup

God slade Noddy Holder and that bloke with the awful hair cut - Was it Dave Hill ?

Guest chocolatetiger66

I have fond memories of searching threw the piles of shoes early on a Friday morning...but not so fond memories of a bunion that one pair of cheap but ill fitting shoes gave me.

P.S. Donny was my 1st pin up and I owned every Bay city Rollers LP....Shang a Lang lol

Guest coffee cup

I think at the end of the day, you get what you pay for and agree those shoe bargains were not such bargains afterall.

shang a lang lol lol

Guest wisewoodowl

I used to go on a Friday morning before school, I bought my first pair of platforms from there around 1971. I seem to recall that the stall was set up on the ones that used to be opposite the transport building on Exchange Street / Exchange Place, below the entrance to the Setts market hall.

Guest KARNTSPELL

I thik they were called the sets, I never got up in time to see them

I thik they were called the sets, I never got up in time to see them

thats the one. Prior to the one opening in Sheffield, we had to get up even earlier and catch the early bus to Rotherham market where there was a simmilar but much larger stall, we were about 14 at the time (1974), the Rotherham bus was full of people either stating or finishing a shift at the steel works.

Guest coffee cup

Was the Rotherham bus no 69?, I used to work in Rotherham, used to travel from Sheffield each day, I seem to remember bus number was 69 used to take ages, was a double decker at the time. Used to catch it by the markets to go to Rotherham, can't remember where I got on in Rotherham to come home.

Was the Rotherham bus no 69?, I used to work in Rotherham, used to travel from Sheffield each day, I seem to remember bus number was 69 used to take ages, was a double decker at the time. Used to catch it by the markets to go to Rotherham, can't remember where I got on in Rotherham to come home.

Yes it was the 69, we used to catch it outside the Wimpy bar, just round the corner from Fitzalan Sq, I think it took us to Rotherham bus station and the market in Rotherham was just up the hill from the bus station.