baking cakes

student nurse

Is there anyone else in this so called perfect world of ours who still does their own baking or am the only one who is sad?? :unsure:

i am hurt. got feelings you know!!! my cakes have been all over europe (and no i don't mean the same one!!!) lollollol lol

Guest coffee cup

I still do a fair amount of baking, must be all those home economics lessons at school with Mrs. Bedford.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

i didn't have her i had the other one with the glass eye he he sent you a pm by the way

Guest coffee cup

i didn't have her i had the other one with the glass eye he he sent you a pm by the way

You mean Mrs, Ross

:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

thats the one couldn't remember her name. i do remember taking all the lumpy bits out of my pastry mix and putting it in the front pocket of my apron yuk!!!!! lollol lol

Guest coffee cup

thats the one couldn't remember her name. i do remember taking all the lumpy bits out of my pastry mix and putting it in the front pocket of my apron yuk!!!!! lollollol

I was and still are not very good with Pastry, I used to share a desk with Marrianne Hurst, she used to make me my pastry when Mrs, Bedford wasn't looking, in return I used to wash her pots.

lol lol

that was cheating but i never really learnt either as i still cant meke it i have to buy it lol

Guest coffee cup

that was cheating but i never really learnt either as i still cant meke it i have to buy it lol

Me too, it is so much quicker, especially when it comes to puff pastry, even some of the top chefs don't make their own, they also buy it in.

lol lol

i do make it occasionally but it always seems to be dry apparently the secret to good pastry is cold hands lol

Guest coffee cup

Yes that is what Delia Smith says, although most people tend to use a food processor, thats what they use in schools now, which explains why my sons pastry products made at school were so good.

;-) ;-)

Guest coffee cup

They don't it comes under food Techonolgy, all though they only do it for a few weeks a year.

:( :(

sounds about right suppose they prefer to concentrate on menial things that are no use when they leave school he he

Guest coffee cup

Not without checking recipe books, but think you just slice apples, coat in a thickish batter then deep fry.

Will check my books though.

lol lol

Guest coffee cup

Got my baking head on today.

Made some cherry buns.

Although my hubby prefers a cherry cake, rather than buns, but the cherries always sink so we call it cherry bottom cake. lol

Buns turn out better, just taken them out of the oven Yum ! :P

Guest tsavo

has anybody got a recipe for apple fritters??

Try the bero book page 74....... :rolleyes::rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Try the bero book page 74....... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

tried the bero book was my first port of call. when i get round hubby to buy me gordon ramseys book will look in there. bero ones are awful. :(:( :(

I guess all the old skills are slowly dying out :mellow: my Gran and Mum taught me to bake but must admit to rarely bothering nowadays, I have made sure that all my children can bake and apparently the eldest in her student Ghetto up in Newcastle regularly bakes and all is not lost have a peek at up and coming bakers!!

http://www.pimpthatsnack.com/project.php?p...43&pageID=2

I was also taught how to skin a hare, gut fish and make proper black pudding (cannot see me running out with a bowl to collect the blood from the pigs' cut throat nowadays lol )