Best Concert You Have Been To

Guest busy lizzy

Guest busy lizzy

Mine has to be Ray Davies of the Kinks, a couple of years ago.

Wow was he amazing,he still has it.

The atmosphere was electric,such charisma and a fantastic voice

They don't make singers like him anymore

If classical is allowed, a concert of Russian music by the Moscow State Philharmonic at the City Hall a few years ago, including Pictures at an Exhibition, the finale nearly took the roof off!

My all time best!

Must be the Rolling Stones' open air concert held at the, soon to be extinct, Don Valley Stadium, some years ago.

Even for someone like myself, who is not a fully fledged, "Stones" fan, I must admit that out of all of those events that I have been too, that that particular concert was particularly hard to beat in terms of it's professionalism, it's visual effect and for what, were even by then, a group of middle aged performers, an impressive and unrelenting work ethic.

It was a non-stop performance, with hardly a break and the notion of setting up a small, secondary, island stage in the middle of the seating-standing area, so that every spectator could be as close as possible to the actual performance and the band, was inspired.

Guest busy lizzy

All the above concerts sound amazing

I must admit I thought this subject would have been more popular,maybe Sheffielders don't go to concerts anymore,either that or they aren't as good as they used to be!!

For me it has to be Elton John at Wembley Arena. I think it was 1985 or there about. It was a fantastic night when Elton was at his absolute best.

Guesting was George Michael (not billed) and to cap it all Lady Diana and friends including Prince Andrew!! came and sat not 20 yards from us. A memorable night indeed.

Probably a bit obscure but the "gig" that sticks out for me is Gene at the Leadmill around 96 or 97.

A bit unfairly a think they were regarded in some quarters as a bit of a Smiths rip-off but the lead singer, Martin Rossiter has a great voice and they put out some great songs and were excellent live.

My personal favourite of theirs.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjbctabR6ik

Mine would be in 1979 when I went to the Top Rank and saw Joy Division supported by the Buzzcocks.

Couldn't choose just one

Ziggy Stardust tour

City Hall - 1972

Faces - City Hall, about 1973

Be Bop Deluxe - City Hall about 1976

I could add more that are all "best"

Couldn't choose just one

Ziggy Stardust tour

City Hall - 1972

Wow - I bet the Ziggy concert was amazing - remember much about it? I noticed Trevor Boulder dies a couple of weeks ago ;-(

For best value I have to go for seeing Def Leppard playing at the Hillsborough Show in about 1980 - cost about 25p to get in ;-)

Couldn't choose just one

Ziggy Stardust tour

City Hall - 1972

And I notice the Ziggy Stardust album was released this very day 41 years ago!

Wow - I bet the Ziggy concert was amazing - remember much about it? I noticed Trevor Boulder dies a couple of weeks ago ;-(

Not a lot but:

There was a buzz going round before it started - people were saying that the people seated in the centre at the back of the circle (or balcony) were Angie Bowie and some of Bowie's friends.

True or not I don't know, but they certainly looked the part from a distance.

The concert was the one where he "killed off" Ziggy and introduced Alladin Sane.

Another memorable thing was that I went in the firm's transit van, and simply parked in Barkers Pool for the duration. lol