Commonside

Wallsy

I'm thinking of have a tour of some of my old haunts from 40 years ago. Can anyone tell me if the following are still open? It'll be Hadfield on Barber Rd, Springvale, Closed Shop, Hallamshire, Heavygreave and Princess Royal.

Heavygate ... ?

I'm thinking of have a tour of some of my old haunts from 40 years ago. Can anyone tell me if the following are still open? It'll be Hadfield on Barber Rd, Springvale, Closed Shop, Hallamshire, Heavygreave and Princess Royal.

Heavygate is closed - builders are there now. Don't know if it is being re-opened or converted into flats.

Closed Shop is hanging on, but it doesn't seem to be open on a regular basis. I don't think it has opened during the daytime for quite some time.

The others are open as far as I'm aware, although the Princess has been closed during the daytime sometimes when I've passed.

Sorry, I meant the Heavygate. Sorry to hear if it is going. Without doing a google earth remind me if the Ball on Coookes is next closest (if its still open). Thinking of catching the 52 back to town.

The Closed Shop has re-opened by the people of the Rutland Arms on Brown Street.

They're selling real ale if you are into all that.

I remember pulling some houses down opposite the Closed Shop, it was coming up to a holiday and a fella from the care home used to come and watch us, we asked him to keep an eye on the the timber on the site while we were away, he took us literally, he took everything to the care home, my mate had to fetch it back with the lorry.