Bricklayers Arms Hereford St

tozzin

Can anyone recall the Bricklayers on Hereford St? I seem to recall that it had green glazed bricks up to the bottom of the downstairs windows am I right or am I wrong.

Can't even place Hereford Street ! erm, ... map please someone.

Can anyone recall the Bricklayers on Hereford St? I seem to recall that it had green glazed bricks up to the bottom of the downstairs windows am I right or am I wrong.

Can't even place Hereford Street ! erm, ... map please someone.

Hereford St was roughly just in front of where Staples is now at the bottom of Eyre St.

Im still no closer to the colour of the bricks outside the Pub.

I'm not, and I walked past the Bricklayers many times when I was a young-un.

I'm not, and I walked past the Bricklayers many times when I was a young-un.

I just about remember

Not the bricks

Steve being young lol

I just about remember

Not the bricks

Steve being young lol

And that would be all you remember me as Stuart.

Think the last time we crossed paths was around 1967 ?

But we did not speak, because I had broken your Dads pub window.

:ph34r:

And that would be all you remember me as Stuart.

Think the last time we crossed paths was around 1967 ?

But we did not speak, because I had broken your Dads pub window.

:ph34r:

Seems like yesterday :mellow:

I CAN REMEMBER THE BRICKLAYERS ARMS HERE IS A PICTURE, SORRY IT'S NOT IN COLOUR THE BRICKS WERE GREEN WITH A BLACK SURROUND

THANKS BOB

This being a history site there's no need to apologize for black and white photos he he

I CAN REMEMBER THE BRICKLAYERS ARMS HERE IS A PICTURE, SORRY IT'S NOT IN COLOUR THE BRICKS WERE GREEN WITH A BLACK SURROUND

THANKS BOB

THANKS BOB

This Picture confirms what I remember, thanks Steve.

Don't thank me tozzin, the thanks go to BLADES33 for posing the photo,

all I did was add a bit of imaginative colour

the building in the background used to be mr exhaust on ellin street

It was Kennings before it became Mr. Exhaust.

Whilst it appears quiet I've spent two days over the weekend struggling to transcribe 1887 Beer retailers, read, amended and quality checked 2,000+ lines of an upcoming beerhouses database, only about 8,000 more to do and within the last five minutes I've received 1856 beerhouses to do - at least these are easier to read than 1887.

However, since she's got car repair expenses upcoming I believe I may be paying Poppy (at work) for her younger eyes and faster typing skills ...

I'm told, and I believe her, that Ukelele Lady says we're coming towards the end, maybe only a few years left ... lol

Should any of us live long enough to see an end to this research there is the possibility to match the pubs and beerhouses listings - to see how stuff developed. Someone else called Richard may, or may not have put his hand up to help with this = all volunteers one step forward and watch the usual contributors (all shot) take one quick step backwards ... probably ...

Whilst it appears quiet I've spent two days over the weekend struggling to transcribe 1887 Beer retailers, read, amended and quality checked 2,000+ lines of an upcoming beerhouses database, only about 8,000 more to do and within the last five minutes I've received 1856 beerhouses to do - at least these are easier to read than 1887.

However, since she's got car repair expenses upcoming I believe I may be paying Poppy (at work) for her younger eyes and faster typing skills ...

I'm told, and I believe her, that Ukelele Lady says we're coming towards the end, maybe only a few years left ... lol

58 minutes ago, SteveHB said:

brick_l_arms_e.jpg

All I remember of the Bricklayers was I think it had green and perhaps burgundy glazed bricks.