Beerhouse
Hildebert de Lacy Pigott
85 Pitsmoor Road
Kellys
Beerhouse

From our Beerhouse lists, can't find this guy on the 1911 Census

Anybody else can?

Here you go..

Hildabert De Lacey was the Christian name used by at least 4 generations of the Pigott family. My gt grandma, Elizabeth Pigott was aunty to the Hildabert you show; his father was a beer house keeper too.

Elizabeth was killed in the Zeppellin raid of 26 Sep 1916 on Writtle Street.

Hildabert De Lacey was the Christian name used by at least 4 generations of the Pigott family. My gt grandma, Elizabeth Pigott was aunty to the Hildabert you show; his father was a beer house keeper too.

Elizabeth was killed in the Zeppellin raid of 26 Sep 1916 on Writtle Street.

Do you know any details of the Beerhouse's he had (The Father)

Do you know any details of the Beerhouse's he had (The Father)

In 1891 Hildabert senior was a beerhouse keeper at 2 Fowler St but doesn't give pub name. From entries on Sheffield Forum i think it was called The Locomotive.

In 1901 he & his son were at 85 Pye Bank (which I think may have become Pitsmoor Rd) & thats the pub his son took over after his father died in 1909. I can't find its name though

Hilderbert de Lacy was a follower of William the Conqueror, who was given 150 manors in Yorkshire, and who built Pontefract Castle. I believe they brewed beer at Pontefract castle:

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=rfFZAAAAYAAJ&pg=PA50&lpg=PA50&dq=hildebert+de+lacey&source=bl&ots=KIa_Nzb7OD&sig=JKNtqxs0NhxbzEubG8LVsIEH_5Y&hl=en&sa=X&ei=nUonUdq1FcfY0QWfrIC4BQ&ved=0CD4Q6AEwAjgK#v=onepage&q=hildebert%20de%20lacey&f=false

In 1891 Hildabert senior was a beerhouse keeper at 2 Fowler St but doesn't give pub name. From entries on Sheffield Forum i think it was called The Locomotive.

In 1901 he & his son were at 85 Pye Bank (which I think may have become Pitsmoor Rd) & thats the pub his son took over after his father died in 1909. I can't find its name though

Does anyone know what pub it would have been at 85 Pye Bank or 85 Pitsmoor Rd please?