Jump to content
RichardB

Son Of, Son Of Pub Updates ,,,

Recommended Posts

Declaration of Dividends, E. Franklin, Sheffield, Innkeeper, first and final dividend of 2s 6 1/2d, July 1st 1873  (Brown Cow Wicker)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Britannia, 26,28 Church Street Attercliffe, now Worksop Road

Richard Anderson granted licence at Brewster Sessions 15th September 1869,  Still there at 1871 census (Scotsman, also printer and compositor)

George Gray, landlord of Britannia in March and December 1880 (donated prize in sparrow shooting competition, victim of counterfeiting)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Britannia, 26,28 Church Street Attercliffe, now Worksop Road

Richard Anderson granted licence at Brewster Sessions 15th September 1869,  Still there at 1871 census (Scotsman, also printer and compositor)

George Gray, landlord of Britannia in March and December 1880 (donated prize in sparrow shooting competition, victim of counterfeiting)

 

George Gray, beerhouse, 24 & 28 Church Street, Attercliffe. 1879 directory.

Thank you Edmund, A-Z updated.

Edited by SteveHB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

24 & 26 Worksop Road, Attercliffe.(The Britannia).

Leonard Pickering, beerhouse. White's 1911.
Mrs. Mary Hartshorn, beerhouse. Kelly's 1925.

 

Edited by SteveHB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update for the Kings Head, Change Alley.  The information is from a 4 page pamphlet in a series "Tales of Old Inns" which were brought together as a book published in 1939 - No 48 was the Kings Head, which at the time was still in existence. The pamphlet is attached.

1572 William Dickenson

1663 – 1666 Robert Boughton

Circa 1700 John Crook

1706 – 1729 George Tompson, Sam Tompson, Richard Yeomans

1730 Harry Hancock

1732 Leonard Webster

5a45f0c2d25d2_KingsHead_1.thumb.png.10115ec6105246337ab75eb99db7b357.png

5a45f0ca692d5_KingsHead_2.thumb.png.43675184a4b0fc9625ce65ea9964a8b6.png

5a45f0d284232_KingsHead_3.thumb.png.56b243355c624341b421d84027efaae6.png

5a45f0d8c83c4_KingsHead_4.thumb.png.e8d94d2e60c910b2edf5af15dcb97ce9.png

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Update to the landlords of the Bird in Hand (originally next door to the Cutlers Hall, demolished in 1832 for the west end of the new hall) from R E Leader's History of the Cutlers Company:

1736 - 1738 Matthias Hobson

1741 - 1755 William Dixon

1757-1759 John Thompson

after 1761 Richard Brittlebank, then John Colquhoun

1772 - 1808 John Rose

to 1817 Thomas Rose

1809 John Richards

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×