Oh, No! The "five And Twenty Past" Clock Is Gone!

Guest plain talker

Guest plain talker

I paid a visit to my dad today, and on the way back, my friend and I drove down Archer Road. As usual, when I go past the "Centenary works" where the "five-and-twenty-past" clock was sited, I looked out for the clock, and, to my dismay, it's.......................

GONE! :blink::huh::(:unsure:

The factory has been redeveloped into "apartments", and the clock has been removed.

NOOOOOOOO!

*sob*

I'm actually very sad. that clock has been telling us that it's "Five and twenty past seven" for, well, donkey's years, really.

It's a while since I've been on that section of road, so I didn't even know they were developing the building, let alone that the clock would be gone.

(By the way... What's the difference between a "Flat" and an "Apartment"?

About fifteen thousand pounds, at the last look)!

I paid a visit to my dad today, and on the way back, my friend and I drove down Archer Road. As usual, when I go past the "Centenary works" where the "five-and-twenty-past" clock was sited, I looked out for the clock, and, to my dismay, it's.......................

GONE! :blink::huh::(:unsure:

Did this very dodgy sounding clock ever appear in our mystery clock topic?

If not it should have done, - it sounds like the ideal candidate.

Did this very dodgy sounding clock ever appear in our mystery clock topic?

If not it should have done, - it sounds like the ideal candidate.

I think I did it a year or so ago.

Guest plain talker

Page six of the Mystery clocks thread, Post 207 features a picture of said "Five-and-twenty-past" clock. it started to be Christened the " "Five-and-twenty-past" clock by about post 228.

I'm amazed to see the posts date from late August 2010! lol

Edit:

Post 207

Centenary Works

Formerly the headquarters of William Ward & Son (Sheffield) Limited, a company founded in 1835 with humble beginnings manufacturing agricultural tools and farming implements.

As the company grew, it developed the manufacture of woodworking tools, fenders and parts for firearms and was one of the first to use high speed steel in the early 1900’s, which led to its range of saws, machine knives, circular cutters and rotary shears.

During the company’s most recent years, it employed over 200 people and exported 30% of its production to more than 30 countries.

centenaryworks .co.uk

• William Realisations Ltd
  • 93 QUEEN STREET, SHEFFIELD, S1 1WF
  • Previous names
  • 2003-06-05 - WARDSON TOOLS LIMITED
  • 1992-12-14 - WILLIAM WARD & SON (SHEFFIELD) LIMITED