Hows The Weather Today Where You Are ?

RichardB

About 3 inches up here at the moment, occasional light flurries. I don't think there's much expected now until Sunday night/Monday morning. The fall earlier in the week was good, daughter and grand-daughter were here, and 18-month-old Sophie had her first experience of snow. She built her first snowman (with a lot of help!) and thought sledging was great, even if it was only being pulled round the back garden by willing grandparents.

Mrs Vox went to London to see a play a few days ago. Due back tonight if the trains are running.

Her journey will involve:

Train to Nottingham to pick her car up from a friend's house, then drive to Bakewell to drop off her sister. Then drive back to Sheffield.

Doesn't sound likely.

No school today, closed due to snow, except for kids taking external exams. Staffed by those staff who live within walking distance, - not 17 miles away like me.

Actually had a bit of snow up here last night - I suppose it could be called a dusting. It had all gone by mid-morning, and although it has snowed on and off today it has not settled at all.

Actually had a bit of snow up here last night - I suppose it could be called a dusting. It had all gone by mid-morning, and although it has snowed on and off today it has not settled at all.

To be honest the snow we have had in Sheffield was described by the weather forcast as "light snow" (cloud with 1 snowflake symbol)

I suppose we did only get light snow in that it came down slowly in smallish flakes

BUT, when it continues to do that without a break for about 15 hours without letting up the amount af settled snow soon builds up to an unmanageable depth.

This morning we had 15 to 20cm of snow on the ground.

27 again, cool nights and warm days, it's been like this for the last month or so.

Apart from the heat wave which burnt out 1/3 of the town of Dunalley and threatened the historical Port Arthur penal settlement, one of Tasmania's premier tourist attractions.

Brother-in law is here again from Nottingham, arrived early October, here until early March. He is missing all that beautiful snow!

Thanks for the pics Ukelele Lady, they really tug on the heart strings.

Heavy overnight snow so it is now worse than it was last weekend, about 20 to 30cm deep.

However it is now noticably warmer than last weekend and is already starting to thaw, so hopefully it won't be around for very long.

10 days ago we have had hugh bush fires on the East coast and in the last 5 days we have have one cyclone and storms all along the east coast from Sydney to the top end. lovely one day and beautiful the next. Hello from Oz.

10 days ago we have had hugh bush fires on the East coast and in the last 5 days we have have one cyclone and storms all along the east coast from Sydney to the top end. lovely one day and beautiful the next. Hello from Oz.

I just looked at your list of interests under your avatar. What do you do with your spare time? ;-)

Sorry for all the snow for you guys, the views down Stannington Road and Rivelin Park Road look just like some pics I took a few years ago, i will see if i can find them. This is my weather at the moment.....

The forecasters can't win. Radio Sheffield Monday morning was adamant the snow wasn't forecast, yet the local weather on BBC1 on Sunday night forecast it exactly, except the later showers were a bit more frequent and prolonged.

The forecasters can't win. Radio Sheffield Monday morning was adamant the snow wasn't forecast, yet the local weather on BBC1 on Sunday night forecast it exactly, except the later showers were a bit more frequent and prolonged.

Radio Sheffield would have nothing to talk about if it wasn't for the weather, how can they say it wasn't forcast?

When I heard the forcast the previous evening I went out and put the cover on the windscreen and got out my

snow boots all ready for the following morning.

Paul Hudson was spot on with his forcast as usual.

some of my snow pics from a couple of years ago, most are obvious as to where they are, one might be tricky, i have a feeling though the brains out there will soon work them all out

Around 10 inches here. Can't get far so spent an hour watching the bird feeders, or rather feeding frenzy. So far we've had siskins, robins, blackbirds, bluetits, great tits, coal tits, bullfinches, goldfinches, greenfinches, dunnocks, wood pigeons and magpies. We get all of them regularly, but it's unusual to get them all within so short a time.

Here's a couple of photo's from Lodge Moor in the Clouds. If you want to look at snow, live above the 900 feet contour.

Photo's taken through glass 'cause there's no way I'm going out in this lot.

HD

P.S. Yes, I do know that the guttering on my conservatory is cream crackered for the second year running. :(