wisewood school sponsored walk

student nurse

Guest coffee cup

student nurse, have just send you another pm, let me know if it arrives ok.

I received yours ok,

Guest tsavo

no nothing have sent you another pm nobody loves me :(:(:(:(:(

Bear with us, there appears to be a problem with PMs at the moment. Admin is down to his undies trying to sort it!

crikey that was quick coming from me just don't know where the sarcasm comes from sometimes....must be in the genes!!!! he hehe hehe he he he

Hi coffee cup,

i vaguely remember the box but i didn't use it very much lollol do you remember Mr Brewer and Mr Else? :rolleyes:

Back to Marlcliffe... wasn't the reception teacher a Miss/Mrs Savage, or am I imagining this? It's certainly got the old grey matter working here. Also Bessmer, Ruskin, Chantry and Sitwell were the houses I think for Marlcliffe. Also, I'm a bit older than yous, but my sister also went to Marlcliffe and Wisewood and she was born 1964.

Guest coffee cup

Hi coffee cup,

i vaguely remember the box but i didn't use it very much lollol do you remember Mr Brewer and Mr Else? :rolleyes:

Yes remember them both, Mr Brewer was maths, used to go to pub and lunchtime came back smelling of beer.

Mr Else, think he taught commerce, think he was also housemaster for Furnival

andyc

I didn't go to marcliffe, went to both Wisewood schools, but if your sister was born in 1964, there is a good chance she was in the same year as student nurse and me

lollol

What a small world.

i went to marlcliffe but only for the last 2 years then up to wisewood. i too was born in 1964. what was her name? :rolleyes:

Sorry, not prepared to give her name on the net but I did tell her there were a couple of girls she may have been at school with chatting on a post on here, so she's going to register and will prob PM you.

yes i think so. there was a teacher who had a classroom on the stairs at the far end she was as old as the hills but can't remember her name <_<

I was at Marlcliffe between 1967 and 1974 then went to Wisewood between 1974 and 1981. The older teacher on the stairs was one of my form teachers, Miss Goddard. She was strict but fair. She used to give you a M&S toffee wrapped in navy blue cellophane if you tried hard!! I remember the sponsored walksat Wisewood, they were supposed to be for raising the funds for a changing room on the "playing fields", it never got built while I was there. I think it did in later years though. I 'm a teacher myself now and still see Mrs Harlow (Miss Lovell) needlework/textiles, who is the only remaining teacher from my time there.

There was Mr Reaney, Mrs Maycock, Miss Farley er.... :unsure:

Also Mrs Priest, Mrs Bonser (she lived on Marlcliffe Rd), Mrs Broadhead, then the nice older lady who wore a white overall, peeled oranges for you and gave you a plaster etc. if you were ill, just can't remember her name..... was it Mrs Rodgers? Mrs Hampson who took us for music, Mrs Pitt in the office.... Happy days!

I was at Wisewood from 1968-1971. Does anyone remember Mr Haydock. Mr Else and Pop Kaye?

i remember Mr Else, he use to teach me in the first year. He was such a true gent with his suit and pipe. :rolleyes: