Bit Of An Update

dobberd

well, not been on here for a while, few big changes in my life, one getting married and two moving over to the USA, my wife is from just south of Myrtle Beach which is in South Carolina, it is funny being an expat but I am getting used to life over here. It is really strange not to able to walk past the places in the discussion sites, I was just reading the Malin Bridge posts and it is now a memory not something I would see on most days. Hopefully now I am settled I will be able to get back on here and do a bit of digging around and joining in with the chats. if anyone has any spare Hendo's they would be greatly appreciated :mellow: take care all and a belated Happy New Year.

Gosh, it has been a long while ! All Best Wishes, and when you're ready to resume active service you've got about 4 years catching up to do !

Hi dobberd, welcome to the world of the expat. It's strange at times, like living two lives, always comparing one with the other.

Always wondering what might have been.

The most significant year of my life was when I turned 46 and realised I had lived as long in Australia as I had in England.

An uncomfortable and confusing time.

All the very best to you and your new wife in South Carolina.

So, how long since yer last post Dobberd ? Some kind of SheffieldHistory record Shirley ?

well, not been on here for a while, few big changes in my life, one getting married and two moving over to the USA, my wife is from just south of Myrtle Beach which is in South Carolina, it is funny being an expat but I am getting used to life over here. It is really strange not to able to walk past the places in the discussion sites, I was just reading the Malin Bridge posts and it is now a memory not something I would see on most days. Hopefully now I am settled I will be able to get back on here and do a bit of digging around and joining in with the chats. if anyone has any spare Hendo's they would be greatly appreciated :mellow: take care all and a belated Happy New Year.

It has been a good long while Richard, but am back on now, i might be on here when the UK branch are long tucked up in bed but I will be here. I have quite a few pics of the new Sheffield to put on here and will do so over the course of time, I have a good few from my walks around Rivelin and some from the city centre. Are we calling the pubs list complete now :mellow:

No, it's ongoing, see Son of ... Pub Updates.

Ukelele Lady is running the pubs research now with input from whoever else can find "stuff" to update the records.

Beerhouses seem to be an area needing some care and attention, I've not touched those details since 2008.

Are we calling the pubs list complete now :mellow: