Distracted.

frechylass

What a great site! I originally came on to find some info for my genealogy project and some lovely people was very helpful in answering my dilemma, and so quickly!

Now im spoilt for choice and cannot stop reading and posting replies to certain topics, when I should be getting on with my project!

I do not know if to give you a good telling off for distracting me or praise you in what a interesting site this is!

Thank you for the help you have given me, but now get lost!! till tomorrow ;)

Thank you for your comments and posts. Looks like we're managing too achieve some of our aims. :rolleyes:

What a great site! I originally came on to find some info for my genealogy project and some lovely people was very helpful in answering my dilemma, and so quickly!

Now im spoilt for choice and cannot stop reading and posting replies to certain topics, when I should be getting on with my project!

I do not know if to give you a good telling off for distracting me or praise you in what a interesting site this is!

Thank you for the help you have given me, but now get lost!! till tomorrow ;)

Looks like frechylass is getting as hooked on SheffieldHistory as we are.

Keep asking frechylass and we'll try to keep answering, - free, polite, helpful (I think that's Richards slogan)

Oh and keep replying to any other post that you feel you can contribute to.

Some of us (but not that many) do spend an inordinate amount of time on this forum, - distracted perhaps, - but we enjoy it.

Free we decided upon in the earliest days. See Mr Admin for that initial thought.

Polite just seems the way to go to be different to most other message boards, a please and a thank you and a have you thought of instead of a flat no and flaming seems like a great evolution to me.

Helpful - the best of all, there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here. A considerable resource. I don't know a jot about historical transport in Sheffield and I assume MadAnnie isn't big on pre-victorian public houses but between us all what a fine place we have built. To those that have contributed in their field of expertise a big SheffieldHistory Thank You.

Now put the three together and we are only limited by the questions that are posed, peoples interests and input and what is actually possible, we can, and do try our level best, as a collection of like minds, to provide the best answer possible.

Now, about my Great Grandfathers date of death, now, there is an ongoing query ...

Looks like frechylass is getting as hooked on SheffieldHistory as we are., Keep asking frechylass and we'll try to keep answering, - free, polite, helpful (I think that's Richards slogan)

Oh and keep replying to any other post that you feel you can contribute to.

Some of us (but not that many) do spend an inordinate amount of time on this forum, - distracted perhaps, - but we enjoy it.

Free we decided upon in the earliest days. See Mr Admin for that initial thought.

Polite just seems the way to go to be different to most other message boards, a please and a thank you and a have you thought of instead of a flat no and flaming seems like a great evolution to me.

Helpful - the best of all, there is a wealth of knowledge and experience here. A considerable resource. I don't know a jot about historical transport in Sheffield and I assume MadAnnie isn't big on pre-victorian public houses but between us all what a fine place we have built. To those that have contributed in their field of expertise a big SheffieldHistory Thank You.

Now put the three together and we are only limited by the questions that are posed, peoples interests and input and what is actually possible, we can, and do try our level best, as a collection of like minds, to provide the best answer possible.

Now, about my Great Grandfathers date of death, now, there is an ongoing query ...

Of course I fully agree with all Sheffield Historys principles of Free, Polite and Helpfull and always have done.

As Richard says it puts our forum ahead of and different from others.