10 Faraday Road, Attercliffe

Guest Trefcon

Guest Trefcon

Trying to find where number 10 was in 1902ish. Godfreys 1905 shows what looks like housing on the corner with Bessemer road, but in Whites 1905 it states it is the Beerhouse of James Prince (Crown Inn), also as you pass Bessemer there is another small row of housing, does Faraday road go beyond Bessemer and join up with Carwood road ?

Trying to find where number 10 was in 1902ish. Godfreys 1905 shows what looks like housing on the corner with Bessemer road, but in Whites 1905 it states it is the Beerhouse of James Prince (Crown Inn), also as you pass Bessemer there is another small row of housing, does Faraday road go beyond Bessemer and join up with Carwood road ?

attachicon.gifIMG_1773.JPG

Yes, Faraday crossed Bessemer Road.

Guest Trefcon

Cheers Steve.

When was the Crown Inn built ? Godfreys (1905) shows a row of housing where the pub was, and we know from Whites, the Crown was there in 1905 too ? So I'm guessing number 10 Faraday is in the row of housing where the Bench Mark arrow is ?

I wanted to know as I have been watching a very moving programme of a Sheffield Barnado boy being sent to Canada and being killed with the Canadian forces in WW1. William Maybury lived at number 10, but in the programme the presenter had the house at the other end of the street on the other side too, the window sill on the left in my image above has another 3 to the left of it, (out of shot) the presenter reckoned that that was where the house was ? I think they got it wrong. (Love the cobbled street)