Happy New Year

RichardB

To start off the New Year we thought we would climb the hill behind our house (1226 metres)

I took a few snaps on the way.

I hope 2013 is good for all of us @ Sheffield History

Many thanks for the great calendar.

To start off the New Year we thought we would climb the hill behind our house (1226 metres)

I took a few snaps on the way.

I hope 2013 is good for all of us @ Sheffield History

Many thanks for the great calendar.

Of course it's the height of summer in the southern hemisphere isn't it.

Here in Britain we are having a pleasantly mild but very unseasonably wet winter so far. Currently in Yorkshire there are 12 flood alert warnings in place and more rain is forcast (onto already water saturated ground) within the next week.

Have a very happy and prosperous New Year. Here in Durban it is very hot and humid but I think it is a bit more pleasant than what you are getting at the moment.

Have a very happy and prosperous New Year. Here in Durban it is very hot and humid but I think it is a bit more pleasant than what you are getting at the moment.

Southern Hemisphere summer in South Africa of course.

Then again, come late June I don't suppose the South African winter as anything like our winter either.

Mm, the hot sounds good but the humid gets to me every time. On balance I think I prefer to rust quietly here in the uk!

On balance I think I prefer to rust quietly here in the uk!

A bit like the Tin Man in The Wizard of Oz then!

Never mind I'm sure Dorothy will come along with an oil can to ease you up a bit, - and maybe get you a heart!

By the way, - tin doesn't rust, - only iron rusts!

On balance I think I prefer to rust quietly here in the uk!

A bit like the Tin Man in The Wizard of Oz then!

Never mind I'm sure Dorothy will come along with an oil can to ease you up a bit, - and maybe get you a heart!

attachicon.gifOilingTinMan.jpg

By the way, - tin doesn't rust, - only iron rusts!

So do you think a new avatar's called for?

So do you think a new avatar's called for?

So, do you want to be a brainless scarecrow, a heartless tin man or a cowardly lion?

So, do you want to be a brainless scarecrow, a heartless tin man or a cowardly lion?

Mm, I'll have to think about that. I rather preferred the Wizard of Oz, but I guess Thylacine's got a better claim on that one?

Mm, I'll have to think about that. I rather preferred the Wizard of Oz, but I guess Thylacine's got a better claim on that one?

The Wizard of Oz turned out to be a small, frail, powerless con man.

Think I'll stay out of this conversation. :mellow:

Is that the one about the new year, the one about the Wizard of Oz or the one about the current fire problems in Tasmania? :unsure: