Newspaper Search For A Soldier Family Article

History dude

This is basically a request for anyone with access to the Sheffield Newspapers - Star or Telegraph - to find an article about a whole bunch of brothers who were in the forces.

My dad remembers seeing the story headed "Soldier Families" around (he says) 1941/42 in one of the local papers. I can't say for certain that it was either of those years, but very likley before 1944. He says it featured seven Appleyard brothers and there was also a photograph of them. Yes they are related to me!

If anyone can track the picture and article down and post it on here that would be fantastic. :)

Me and my Dad tried searching for it once on a film reader at local studies and apart from going dizzy we had no luck! :(

Good Luck with this Dude, a MASSIVE ask ! Butif you can't ask here, where else could you ?

Keep 'em coming everyone, we'll crack one sometime and feel pretty good about it.

... My dad remembers seeing the story headed "Soldier Families" around (he says) 1941/42 in one of the local papers. I can't say for certain that it was either of those years, but very likley before 1944. He says it featured seven Appleyard brothers and there was also a photograph of them. Yes they are related to me! ...