Yeah, Right.

RichardB

lol! There's not much funnier than a fellow who thinks that because something's older than him, it's a treasure that's worth a fortune.

In an earlier incarnation I studied at the Liverpool College of Commerce, and often studied in the Picton Library. The librarians didn't have offices, but had a desk next to the public desks.

One day three huge, rough looking scruffs came in and went up to the very small middle-aged librarian, who looked worried, and one of them said "Ey la, 'ave yer gorrany information about prehistoric boooks, only we're knocking down this 'ouse and we've found some, worr' are they worth?"

Well, I suppose it's getting closer to what I would consider a fair price. The listing doesn't indicate that it's even a first edition, and I can't imagine it has any historical significance - it's not as if it's 'Three Men in a Boat' after all. I could see it maybe selling for £50 - maybe, if the seller is lucky.

But I guess maybe there could be anglers out there desperate to see the musings of T. Tyson and with 250 quid burning a hole in their pockets. I doubt it though.