George Sherwood.

penknife

Any one got info on George Sherwood born aprox 1895 ish.

He died in aprox 1954 .

George started a Garage on Richmond Road in Sheffield which later became Richmond Road Services a haulage company.

I am trying to obtain a photo of George as he was my father and I cannot remember him . I was born on the wrong side of the blanket and adopted at a young age . I have tried for the last twenty odd years to obtain a photo but not been succesfull so if any one out there can help I would be very gratefull as I have just found out that I also had a sister who has died without finding out who her father was.

Cheers .

Hi penknife

Found what i think is the Geoge Sherwood you are looking far in the 1891 and 1901 Census Records hope this helps in a small way..

Hi penknife

Found what i think is the Geoge Sherwood you are looking far in the 1891 and 1901 Census Records hope this helps in a small way..

Thank you. Yes that is the Sherwoods that I am related to lets hope some one will have a photo of George who was age 12 on that 1901 cencus.

He had two sons born on the official side of the blanket one was called Ron and the other Ken, They went on to run Richmond Road Garages Haulage Company I tried over the years to get info from them about my father but was refused point blank .

They are now dead so perhaps later members of the family may help.

Hello George! How are you?

No, I haven't found any photos of your dad yet, but I have lots of the Newton family

(Barry Newton - we met briefly at Rhona's funeral)

On 25/11/2017 at 18:16, barry0088 said:

Hello George! How are you?

No, I haven't found any photos of your dad yet, but I have lots of the Newton family

(Barry Newton - we met briefly at Rhona's funeral)

thanks for that Barry ,same here.