Hello Everyone - Another Newbie Needing Help And Info ......

Guest phil106

Guest phil106

What a great site! I was warned when told about this site that it might become addictive and I can see why. I feel like a kid in a sweet shop.

Anyway, my initial reason for joining is to try and get information about a fire that destroyed Greaves Casemakers on ( I think) Matilda Street. It was in the late 1940s or maybe even 1950. I need to narrow it down so I can search the newspaper archives for a report or more information.

Am also interested in any information, memories etc of (cutlery) casemaking. Which forum is likely to get best response?

Grateful for any help or advice.

Phil

What a great site! I was warned when told about this site that it might become addictive and I can see why.

Welcome to Sheffield History phil106 and thank you for posting.

I am sure we have some members on this forum that can help you with your question, we are good at that sort of thing.

However, I am very curious as to WHO gave you that warning about our site being addictive? <_<

Whoever it was they obviously know the site well, - it is addictive. ;-)

Phil,

When you're searching the site, make sure you use the right search page - (search for casemaker on link below, several hits):

http://www.google.co.uk/cse?cx=partner-pub-3209186142524727%3A3018540469&ie=UTF-8&q=&sa=Search#gsc.tab=0&gsc.q=casemaker