(Little)Wembley

VicRichardson

The small playground in this photo was always called wembley by us kids when we went to play there but I don't suppose it was its proper name.

The small playground in this photo was always called wembley by us kids when we went to play there but I don't suppose it was its proper name.

Hi Vic

you have me stumped on this one, where is it taken, the little Wembley I remember was at the bottom of Sutherland road, or near the baths anyway.

Hi Vic

you have me stumped on this one, where is it taken, the little Wembley I remember was at the bottom of Sutherland road, or near the baths anyway.

This one in sort of near Pye Bank School, the railway tracks you see on the left go over the bottom half of Brunswick road (known locally as Champs Hill) and then on over the Wicker arches.

Guest beatlejuice

The Little Wembley I remember was a football ground that was situated near the canal at Tinsley. I remember playing there for Newhall School in 1958 against another school from the Attercliffe/Carbrook area. I believe the ground belonged to one of the collieries in that area. It was a decent ground with a small stand for spectators.

Anybody else remember this?