Bang ! Bang ! Crackle ....... Sizzling !

SteveHB

and why do the fireworks go off at 11pm and midnight on New Years Eve on Tyneside where I live ?

Is it because some person(s) puts a light to them. lol

Is all I can hear at this moment.

Isn't bonfire night on the 5th, or is a now a three day event ?

I think it's because officially November 5th this year would fall on a Monday this year, which is a school day. As most responsible parents of young children want to treat them to staying up late for the traditional bonfire night celebrations, - but don't want them staying up late and then having to get up early for school the next morning I think they have transfered it to the weekend before instead.

So, as you say Steve, it is likely to be a 3 day event this year :(

But on the bright side there have been very few fireworks going off in the run up to bonfire night.

In previous years fireworks have been heard going off every night from September all the way up to Bonfire night.

I think a crackdown on sales of fireworks, in particularly unlicenced sales, has largely been responsible here.

and why do the fireworks go off at 11pm and midnight on New Years Eve on Tyneside where I live ?

Probably because they can.

The law on fireworks does set a time limit at 11pm for the time they can be set off, - but there are legal exceptions.

One of them is new years eve when it is legal to set off fireworks at the exact start of the new year, - 1 hour after the normal limit.

After all, it wouldn't really be New Year if it was all over by 11pm on 31 December would it?

The law on fireworks does set a time limit at 11pm for the time they can be set off, - but there are legal exceptions.

One of them is new years eve when it is legal to set off fireworks at the exact start of the new year, - 1 hour after the normal limit.

After all, it wouldn't really be New Year if it was all over by 11pm on 31 December would it?

You may find this link of interest

https://www.gov.uk/fireworks-the-law

No.

No.

Then again, I often mourn the passing of the old year, - and then dread all the hassle coming my way in the new year.

So perhaps it would be better if it did end before midnight on new years eve.

6th of November and they are still goung off Steve.

Perhaps it has now become a 4 day event. :(

Or even longer. :angry:

Perhaps it will last all through November :o

A bit like my Movember charity grow a moustache fundraising for mens health event lol