Ww1 Family History

mick851

How would i find out if any of the Bamforth family served in the first world war, all the info i have at the moment is, John William Bamforth born 1872 is married to Florence Bamforth ( Ellis ) born 1876 who have a daughter called Doris born 1898, and lived at 27 Rudyard Road, dont know if doris had any brothers.

thanks

Mick

Thanks Syrup for that, so it looks like it would be Henry Bamforth who would have been old enough to have served in the first world war at some point.

Two from Sheffield were killed!

Name: John William Bamforth Birth Place: Ecclesfield, Yorks Death Date: 18 Nov 1914 Death Location: Home Enlistment Location: Sheffield Rank: Private Regiment: East Yorkshire Regiment Battalion: 3rd Battalion Number: 7347 Type of Casualty: Died of wounds Theatre of War: Home

and the other:

Name: Joseph William Bamforth Birth Place: Ecclesfield, Yorks Residence: Thorp Hesley, Rotherham Death Date: 16 Sep 1916 Death Location: France & Flanders Enlistment Location: Leeds Rank: L/Corporal Regiment: Coldstream Guards Number: 13066 Type of Casualty: Killed in action Theatre of War: Western European Theatre

Thanks History Dude, the John wm Bamforth on this census died 25th may 1950, out of Johns family, it just leaves Henry that was old enough to be in ww1

Thanks History Dude, the John wm Bamforth on this census died 25th may 1950, out of Johns family, it just leaves Henry that was old enough to be in ww1

Sadly i can find nothing Military for Henry Bamforth, i will look elsewhere..

Sadly i can find nothing Military for Henry Bamforth, i will look elsewhere..

There's a George Henry Bamforth born

Q1 1896 Sheffield George Henry Bamforth 9c 589

He Served as Pte 10540 Y&L, some papers on Ancestry, looks like he was a bad lad and struck a superior officer whilst drunk

There's a George Henry Bamforth born

Q1 1896 Sheffield George Henry Bamforth 9c 589

He Served as Pte 10540 Y&L, some papers on Ancestry, looks like he was a bad lad and struck a superior officer whilst drunk

Yes I saw that, but I think it says his father was Henry and he lived in Brightside.

These are the burnt records, so though Henry might have been in WW1 his records might be one that was destroyed.

I'm a bit confused because there is no Henry in that 1911 household - the eldest son is called Percy.

Looking again

It is Percy, thats a different ball game