Trip Into Sheffield, Now Where Did I Get To ... ?

RichardB

The new Market area

Very good job Richard. What do those seats say on them? Can see the word "gutter" but cant read the word before it? Either way they dont look very comfy - or is that the idea? B)

Trueloves Gutter ...

Very good job Richard. What do those seats say on them? Can see the word "gutter" but cant read the word before it? Either way they dont look very comfy - or is that the idea? B)

Not very difficult mystery place ...

Black Swan Walk - is this the back of the Howard Gallery? edit yes it is, 23 Chapel Walk

This has been a "one man, one camera, one bad leg, seven hours walkabout and several pints of Bomber production".

You certainly got around a bit in your weekend in Sheffield Richard. Glad you enjoyed it.

I was with my daughter and grandsons in Cambridgeshire at the time otherwise I may have joined you for a pint.

Anyway someone at work has loaned me a book called CRAP DAYS OUT, it is in the same series as Crap cars, Crap towns, Crap Holidays, Crap jobs etc, - there is whole series of them.

The purpose of loaning me this book is that one of the "crap days out" in it is..... SHEFFIELD!!! nicely pointed out by one of my "friends" leaving a bit of paper with a note on in the appropriate page!! :angry:

Obviously all of what it says about why Sheffield is a crap day out is a load of old rubbish (or should that be, - a load of crap!)

Nice to see that in this topic you are restoring the balance of opinion and showing what a brilliant day out Sheffield can be.

If it helps this picture is in the correct place, I've not made a mistake, it is sequentially correct on my wandering about, so I'm not far from the station ...

Any guesses ... ?

Any guesses ... ?

There looks to be water below... is it the River Sheaf? The grid is earthed though, not sure why that would be needed.

My guess is, it is the cellar of the Queens Head.

Been, walked around a lot, took photos, got slower and slower; did manage a visit to the Sheffield Tap (1 pint) and the Queens Head (several); got shown the cellars and the (supposed) start to the cellars heading towards the castle and the Monor Lodge, left, went to Pond Street - next bus 50 minutes, back to the pub ...

It is indeed, and yes there is running water visible through the grid.

My guess is, it is the cellar of the Queens Head.

Seem to be some pictures missing from here ...

Only pictures missing Richard?

That's the least of our problems!

This topic, quite rightly, is illustrated with a large number of pictures, - just what we want.

However, the "large image problem" which has been with us for nearly 2 years now and which vox in particular has frequently reported as 2it needs sorting out" is really bad in this topic making it extremely difficult to navigate the posts almost to the point of it not even being worth trying.

It really does need sorting out as a priority job, - it is putting people off, even mainstay members like me and vox.

All that Dave, plus, I suppose it's not so bad for those people with unlimited download, but, I keep exceeding my download limit since we've had the big pictures.