Sheffield Art Painting Of The Abc Cinema Sheffield

Guest arthackeray

Just finished this painting of the old ABC cinema Sheffield and showed it at the recent Art in the Gardens 2012.I hope it bring back some great memories.

Sorry there is nothing there! ;-)

Oh, yes it was !

http://www.picturesheffield.com/frontend.php?keywords=Ref_No_increment;EQUALS;v00298&pos=20&action=zoom&id=41723

Nice picture but wasnt the ABC on a hill.

Looks like this is the wrong site to post Art

It's not that, but it is a history site, and people tend to be most interested in historical accuracy. There have been discussions about paintings in the City's collections, but it's never about artistic merit, only about where the painting is seen from, the identity and historical accuracy of buildings etc within it, and what it adds to the knowledge of the city's history.

Guest arthackeray

and long may you continue,I applaud any site that promotes Sheffield in a positive way,I should have posted this is not the right site for my artwork.

atthackery, it was only a comment, i think the picture is great, and if I had a spare £1,000 I might be in the market.

Guest arthackeray

Thank you for that,I tend to paint stories rather than accurate representations which I can understand is not to everyone's taste.A friend suggested this site as at the recent "art in the gardens" it got people talking about favorite films, the sat am club, meeting their spouses etc.All the comments are correct of course and I could probably bore everyone explaining the reasons which is why I thought a quick exit would be preferable.Having said that it really is a great site for Sheffield.

PS do you know anyone with any photos of Redgates? It's just been suggested as a backdrop for my next work.

We try to do the best we can for Sheffield memories; Redgates, that's been an interesting one over the years picture-wise !

Thank you for that,I tend to paint stories rather than accurate representations which I can understand is not to everyone's taste.A friend suggested this site as at the recent "art in the gardens" it got people talking about favorite films, the sat am club, meeting their spouses etc.All the comments are correct of course and I could probably bore everyone explaining the reasons which is why I thought a quick exit would be preferable.Having said that it really is a great site for Sheffield.

PS do you know anyone with any photos of Redgates? It's just been suggested as a backdrop for my next work.