River Don

syrup

Could some one help me, Was The River Don rerouted in the Attercliffe area at some point in the recent past ( not to recent past ).

Either put a bend in or took a bend out ??

Thank You ..

Guest Trefcon

Syrup, yes, the Attercliffe 1903 Godfrey map shows a bend that is not now there, the original course is shown. The boundary of this 'yard' is very much where the original course flowed. Attercliffe cemetery to the right.

Dean.

Syrup, yes, the Attercliffe 1903 Godfrey map shows a bend that is not now there, the original course is shown. The boundary of this 'yard' is very much where the original course flowed. Attercliffe cemetery to the right.

Dean.

Flash Earth

Dean.

Thank you very much for your help, This all started through a chat in a Pub about the name and route of The River and you have proved I was right. I am also sure there are pictures some where of the work involved in rerouting the river but that might be to much to find ?.