A Moral Here Somewhere

Stuart0742

Safety instructions and the like are usually supplied for a reason. :blink:

I bought a Mandoline Vegetable slicer/cutter today, with, to quote the box "Includes a finger safe food holder"

So I tested said cutter with out using the "Finger safe food holder"

I now have

a. 1 finger and thumb slightly shorter than before,

b. 2 circles of finger and thumb end

c. lots of blood

I wonder why they warn you that the item is sharp and to use the "Finger safe food holder"

Not happy now

Knives are dangerous, might cut yourself lol

With a knife you can control the thickness of the slice yourself.

With a food slicer can you adjust the thickness of the slices (from "wafer thin" to "now don't be greedy")?

If it can be adjusted, how thick a slice have you taken off your finger and thumb?

Knives are dangerous, might cut yourself lol

Last time I bought some knives they didn't come with some safety instructions and a warning, - or even a finger safe device!

Last time I bought some knives they didn't come with some safety instructions and a warning, - or even a finger safe device!

Luckily only the thin setting

Still hurts

Luckily only the thin setting

Still hurts

If you cut it really thin, thinner than wafer thin, then you could put it on a microscope slide, stain it with iodine, put a cover slip on top and get it viewed under a microscope.

If you cut it really thin, thinner than wafer thin, then you could put it on a microscope slide, stain it with iodine, put a cover slip on top and get it viewed under a microscope.

No all the finger bits got mixed up with the carrot lol making the carrot unsuitable for vedgetarians

No all the finger bits got mixed up with the carrot lol making the carrot unsuitable for vedgetarians

I like thick wedges of carrot, - cut freehand with a knife, so that you can actually taste it.

None of your thin tasteless thin cut stuff.

I would set it to at least a 4mm cut for carrots.