Victorian waiting room

RichardB

Far Lane Doctors, in the days when you just went to the Doctors and waited to be seen, none of this "No appointments until Tuesday" nonsense. The waiting room was very Victorian, huge table with flowers in vases. Too young to remember much more than that, but it was like visiting a very elderly, and houseproud relative.

The building may still be there, it might even be a Medical practise still, but I just know the incredible waiting room has long gone.

Also remember the MOST graffitied road sign anywhere - FarT Lane lol

I used to walk from Dykes Hall Road to ....Parkside Road School every schoolday, the graffiti wasn't me ....

Guest tsavo

The huge table was actually a Billiard Table with a highly polished cover. The GP was a Scot, Dr Henderson. A really old fashioned Doctor who found the time to talk to you as though you had at least some brains. A lovely man.

The huge table was actually a Billiard Table with a highly polished cover. The GP was a Scot, Dr Henderson. A really old fashioned Doctor who found the time to talk to you as though you had at least some brains. A lovely man.

Wow, thanks for that, I was only about seven years old at the time, I've really had to "dig deep" to come up with that one !!!!

Guest jossman

Dr. Henderson interviewed my 1st wife for her job as Receptionist at Far Lane. He interviewed her in our front room and on giving her the job he turned to me and said, "What has loverboy got to say about that ?" He had been our family Doctor since 1945!!

Guest jossman

I used to walk from Dykes Hall Road to ....Parkside Road School every schoolday, the graffiti wasn't me ....

I also attended Parkside Road School from 1949 - 1955. Mr. Cornthwaite was old even then. ;-)