Hello

Guest jeyre60152

Guest jeyre60152

Hi, thought I would say hello.

Found the site the other day and have been searching through since.

I left Sheffield in April '81 to join the RAF and have only ever been back for short visits since. No family to speak of left up there, they all moved away at roughly the same time.

I have a real problem remembering roads and street names, but can remember places so you will have to bare with me if I seem a bit thick at times.

Anyway thats me, hope to talk to people in the future.

John

Guest tsavo

Welcome to Sheffield History Jerye60152, glad you are enjoying the site.

Being in Portugal, I have the same problem remembering where some roads are, especially one's that run into other roads. (IE: Infirmary Rd, Langsett Rd and Middlewood rd) Out comes the A-Z and problem solved.....unless the road has disappeared under redevelopment!

If you haven't visited the City lately you'll be surprised at the changes, especially in the centre.

Guest jeyre60152

Welcome to Sheffield History Jerye60152, glad you are enjoying the site.

Being in Portugal, I have the same problem remembering where some roads are, especially one's that run into other roads. (IE: Infirmary Rd, Langsett Rd and Middlewood rd) Out comes the A-Z and problem solved.....unless the road has disappeared under redevelopment!

If you haven't visited the City lately you'll be surprised at the changes, especially in the centre.

Plan on visiting in the summer. Taking my wife and kids to see some of my childhood haunts, which will include the city centre and then out into Derbyshire where we always used to spend weekends as kids.

I can't wait, expect to see a big difference, never seen the trams etc.

Hi John,

You're in for a treat and will love the trams - they are fantastic

The city has changed so much in the last 6 months never mind the last few years !!

... so you will have to bare with me if I seem a bit thick at times.

Welcome to the gang .... lol

Guest wayney g

Hi to all ! found you completely by accident. but glad i did well done to all involved !!!!

Bings back lots of memories.

KEEP IT UP !!!!!!!!!!

;-)