Wardsend Cemetery

vic0787

Hi me again. A long number of years ago my father took me to the cemetery and showed me a grave stone and I remember him telling me it was his grandmother so I may know who it was. I have researched my family but I am really more interested in the places they lived, worked and died. Does anyone know if there is any information about the cemetery and records of people buried there anywhere in Sheffield. Cheers

The Sheffield and District Family History Society have transcribed most of the available records for Wardsend and this information can be found on the following CD's available through their on-line shop.

Sheffield Church Yard Burials - which covers a great number of church yards [+30], but includes Wardsend 1857 - 1905 and Shalesmoor St Phillip 1829 - 1918, cost £10.00

Wardends Cemetery Monumental Inscriptions, cost £5.00

Sheffield Cemetery Burials - A number of Municipal Cemeteries, [Attercliffe, Darnall, Tinsley Park, Revel Lane, St Michael's RC], cost £7.50

There are also a number of church specific transcriptions also available through S & DFHS.

Guest binsted71

Hi me again. A long number of years ago my father took me to the cemetery and showed me a grave stone and I remember him telling me it was his grandmother so I may know who it was. I have researched my family but I am really more interested in the places they lived, worked and died. Does anyone know if there is any information about the cemetery and records of people buried there anywhere in Sheffield. Cheers

You could try this link:-

www.friendsofwardsendcemetery.btck.co.uk