Favorite Teenager Films

Guest skeets

Guest skeets

Mine was "China Seas" starring Clark Gable l went to it 3 times the week it played at the Wicker and a couple of times at other houses Skeets

Cuz mine is 1973 and yours is 1935.

Made in 1968, I saw it a few years later "The Heart is a Lonely Hunter" with Alan Alda.

From my late fathers point of view either "The Hands of Orlac" (aka "Mad Love") or the original "Trader Horn".

Mine was "China Seas" starring Clark Gable l went to it 3 times the week it played at the Wicker and a couple of times at other houses Skeets

You have to skip the adverts or wait

I was a very old preteen, I was teenaged from 6.3 years old ... possibly...

I feel rather embarrased posting a film that I saw in 1973 ... aged 11.

Topic title is favourite teenage films and 11 isn't teenage.

The oldest film you should be mentioning here would be from 1975 when you were 13.

Did you see "Jaws" (Jaws 1) when it came out?

Or did its certificate still make you too young for it?

Mine would be "Kes" lol

Brilliant film Dunsbyowl, especially that posted clip of the football match with Brian Glover (Tetleys little tea folk make Tetleys tea bags with little perforations which let the flavour flood out). There was a time when PE teachers really were like that, bullies! Fortunately some things have changed for the better!

Based on Barry Hines novel "A Kestrel for a Knave" which was a CSE / O-level English literature novel at one time, - much better than all that Shakespeare rubbish and well worthy of making a film of.

Kes is one of my all-time favourites too. I have a copy on tape (VCR) and whenever we have visitors I always ask them if they've seen Kes. Its a great excuse for me to sit through it again.

Also 'Whistle Down the Wind' with Hayley Mills and Alan Bates is a wonderful film.

And 'Here we go round the Mulberry Bush' which I saw in Sheffield probably in 1968. I don't remember anything about it, but the title track and the image of Judy Geeson in a yellow mini skirt still gets my pulse racing.

Yes Dave - our PE Teachers used him as a model and Kes was a set text in English!!

So, your PE teachers were bullies.

Fortunately our school PE teacher, Man McDermott, wasn't really a bully and he sort of accepted that I was rubbish at sport and not really interested in it.

Although a keen sportsman himself sadly he collapsed and died at a Sunday league football match after heading the ball. He was 33. The school was devastated by his loss, - a testament to what a while liked and respected teacher he was.

Also 'Whistle Down the Wind' with Hayley Mills and Alan Bates is a wonderful film.

I like that kid who plays Hayley Mills younger brother, - "That wern't Jesus, it were just a fella!"

'Here we go round the Mulberry Bush' which I saw in Sheffield probably in 1968. I don't remember anything about it, but the title track and the image of Judy Geeson in a yellow mini skirt still gets my pulse racing.

This picture should get your pulse rate up then

And 'Here we go round the Mulberry Bush' which I saw in Sheffield probably in 1968. I don't remember anything about it, but the title track and the image of Judy Geeson in a yellow mini skirt still gets my pulse racing.

"Here We Go Round the Mulberry Bush" 's first run in Sheffield was at Studio 7, w/c 28th April, 1968. It played for a week.

We went on the Sunday, and I remember that the quad poster for it was unusual. Barry Evan's face was REAL silver !

I don't remember much about the movie either, except for the title song, which was by Traffic. The Spencer Davis Group also played in the movie.