Tinsley Park Cemetery Look Up.

xsheffield

Could anyone please help? I'm looking for 3 graves / plots in Tinsley Park Cemetery.

1) Harold Hague date of burial, 4 May 1972.

2) Minnie Hague date of burial, 12 Sept 1950. (I assume both are buried in the same plot?)

3) Thomas Henry Hague date of burial, 9th may 1925.

Any assistance would be very much appreciated.

HAGUE Harold - burial 4 May 1972 - age72 - retired abode - Midlewood Hospital Sheffield - Plot LC 115c

HAGUE Minnie - burial 12 Sep 1950 -age 46 - housewife - abode General H Sheffield - Plot LC115c

HAGUE Thomas Henry - burial 9 May 1925 - age 62 - labourer 2 - abode Smilter Lane / 37 Short St Sheffield - Plot GB32gp

Dear Basswriter,

Many thanks for the info provided, really appreciated. These are my grandparents and my great grandfather respectively. I'm shortly planning to visit Sheffield and the cemetery, this will at least give me a fighting chance in finding their graves. I have just realised that my great gandmother Annie Hague (Burial 28 April 1936) is also at Tinsley park, would you know if others a buried in these plots?

Once again, many thanks for your kind assistance.

Hello,

I could find no other burials for the plot LC115c. For the plot GB32gp I found 2 other burials :-

HARDWICK Peter Thornton 8 May 1923 14d son of Samuel 71 Ripon St Attercliffe GB32gp

JENKINS Dorothy 22 May 1923 12m dau of Joseph 74 Belmoor Rd Carbrook GB32gp

Details of Annie Hague are as follows :-

HAGUE Annie 28 Apr 1936 70 widow 12 Herries Rd/36 Short St Sheffield MB65gp

There was 1 other burial in the above plot as follows:-

HOOTON James 11 Nov 1960 85 labourer retired 81 Liverpool St / Firvale Infi Sheffield MB65gp

2 other points to mention (and apologies if you already knew this) are that "12 Herries Road" appears on a lot of death records in Sheffield as it was shorthand for the Northern General Hospital. The reason Herries Road is used as opposed to the name of the hospital is because this hospital started its life as a workhouse and recording the place of death as the Northern General Hospital was the same as saying that a person " died in the workhouse" which nobody wanted to have on their death certificate.

The other point is that I found another death record which is very similar to the previous ones so could be a relative:-

HAGUE Thomas Henry 14 Nov 1927 44 stone dresser 36 Short Street Sheffield HB27gp

Hello Basswriter,

Many thanks for your very comprehensive and informative reply; I'll have to do further research to identify the links (if any) with the children in plot GB32gp.

I travelled over to Tinsley Cemetery last week armed with the information you kindly provide and a map of the cemetery I was able to locate both plots. Unfortunately there was no headstone on either. On a positive note, I was able to pay my respects to my grandparents and G/G parents.

Once again, many thank's for your time and kind assistance.

Regards,

N

• Like 1

I hope you can help with another couple of lookups for Tinsley Park

Colin Haigh buried 21/11/1986

Alice Ellis  buried 16/12/1976

Plot numbers and other occupants would be brilliant if poss.

Thanks

Darryl Nugent