Pointless

Stuart0742

What's the point of printing a telephone number on your Credit/Debit card telling you who to telephone if you loose or have your card stolen.

When you no longer have your card how do you read the number

I was recently the victim of a pickpocket whilst on holiday in France, had my wallet robbed. So after a visit to a rather unhelpful French Police Station, the next job was to cancel my Credit/Debit cards, right where have I seen the number I should ring, oh yes its printed on the back of my card thats just been nicked :unsure:

Now the moral to all this is to make sure you have such numbers recorded somewhere else, or have access to the internet.

What's the point of printing a telephone number on your Credit/Debit card telling you who to telephone if you loose or have your card stolen.

When you no longer have your card how do you read the number

I was recently the victim of a pickpocket whilst on holiday in France, had my wallet robbed. So after a visit to a rather unhelpful French Police Station, the next job was to cancel my Credit/Debit cards, right where have I seen the number I should ring, oh yes its printed on the back of my card thats just been nicked :unsure:

Now the moral to all this is to make sure you have such numbers recorded somewhere else, or have access to the internet.

Join Virgin Media like me Stuart.

If your phone stops working they give you a number to ring.

If your broadband Internet service goes down there is a web help site and an email address to contact technical services.

All very useful if they expect you to contact them via the communication system that has just failed. :angry: