Bobby Knutt

Sheffield History

BOBBY KNUTT

Real name - Robert Andrew Wass and was originally from off Deerlands Avenue, Parsons Cross

At one time he went to Abbeydale Boys Grammar School on Springfield Rd. He lived then at the bottom of Cemetery Rd near to London Rd. This was late 50s early 60s.

Information coming shortly..

I can't stand the man.

I avoid him at all costs.

Wulfric, I know what you mean BUT anyone who had his photo in the boxing day massacre programme (sat on Tony Toms) can't be all bad, can he?

Guest Wulfric Owl

Wulfric, I know what you mean BUT anyone who had his photo in the boxing day massacre programme (sat on Tony Toms) can't be all bad, can he?

I know what you mean but I would sacrifice that picture if it meant I never had to hear his voice again!!! lol

I thought he was the real life brother of that women that played Ivy Tilsey In Coronation Street.

That was comedian Douggie Brown

Having just read "Eyup Knutty " by Bobby Knutt I've had a change of heart

about him.

I never rateted him as a comedian but in panto he does what he

does best, dressing up and acting daft. The kids all love him.

I wanted to read the book for the nostalgia because I knew he would

mention lost of streets and pubs and clubs that I could relate to in that era.

The first one mentioned is where he was brought up 4 court 1 Summerfield

Street, now that's familiar to me and it goes on bringing back memories to

the places most of us have visited sometime in our life.

Then he mentions other famous people from Sheffield and how it was

on the club scene. A reight enjoyed readinit. Well worth a read but

not for the angelic.

He only got up to 1981 so I'm going to have to wait for the follow up which

will not be half as interesting , cruisers [ Butlins on sea ] Donna Hartley etc.

Guest 1para

Knutty was born and brought up in Summerfield Street,and as a bin lid went to the same school as me,"Pomona Street County School",but him being clever,passed the 11 plus exam and went to Nether Edge School,After attending there for a year,the school closed and all the pupils went to the newly opened "Abbeydale Grammer School for boys on Hastings road Millhouses.

His family moved up onto the cross when they pulled the houses on Summerfield Streer down in the early 60s,and knuttys back yard was situated where the DVLA office now stands.

He did some of his very early practices with the 4 Blades at Shiregreen Congs church hall on Valentine Crescent, Shiregreen

apologies for adding comments to old posts (only recently joined ) shocked to see Knutty on toms shoulders thought he was a Blade,I used to live round corner from him on Montague st sure is sister Tina or Heather went to St mathtias same time as me