Reminiscences Of Old Sheffield By R. E. Leader

Guest TheBotanical

Guest TheBotanical

Currently on ebay for £45.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Reminiscences-of-Old-Sheffield-R-E-Leader-1875-/160812190413?pt=Antiquarian_Books_UK&hash=item2571274acd

Currently on ebay for £45.

http://www.ebay.co.u...=item2571274acd

I did get an ex - library copy off ebay for about £10 a couple of years ago and it is a wonderful read. There is a transcript on Eric Youle's site if your book budget doesn't run that far!

http://youle.info/history-blog/?page_id=320

A scanned copy is available here. I prefer to read old books in the original format rather than OCR's where possible, with all the old character still intact:

http://archive.org/details/reminiscencesofo00leaduoft

Guest TheBotanical

Also available from Amazon, Hardback (facsimile or original), and paperback, or CD Rom.

This may seem as a daft question but how much of the book can we take as factual history? I have read a bit of it and it is indeed very interesting reading.

Fact or not it is required reading for anyone with an interest in Sheffield History, read it once, leave it two months then read it again - I'm on about my fifth or sixth read and probably due for another ...

Any questions about the truth of statements contained within - raise here and we can have a tremendous fight about it all :rolleyes: - but, I strongly recommend everyone to read it, along with other documents provided on this Site = Hallamshire, Worthies, Banking, Scrapbook etc etc = hopefully someone from the moderating team can provide a reminder of the links.

It was viewed as true at the time; with hindsight maybe we can improve on the historical facts - that's a fantastic opportunity for one and all - to improve what I consider to be a masterpiece.

This may seem as a daft question but how much of the book can we take as factual history? I have read a bit of it and it is indeed very interesting reading.

Guest TheBotanical

Fact or not it is required reading for anyone with an interest in Sheffield History, read it once, leave it two months then read it again - I'm on about my fifth or sixth read and probably due for another ...

Any questions about the truth of statements contained within - raise here and we can have a tremendous fight about it all :rolleyes: - but, I strongly recommend everyone to read it, along with other documents provided on this Site = Hallamshire, Worthies, Banking, Scrapbook etc etc = hopefully someone from the moderating team can provide a reminder of the links.

It was viewed as true at the time; with hindsight maybe we can improve on the historical facts - that's a fantastic opportunity for one and all - to improve what I consider to be a masterpiece.

Thanks again, I look forward to reading it.

Guest roz2477

Today, most girls do become more aware of the latest fashion sense.real estate lawyers nyc For designers and brands, they can only pop out in the fashion industry and stand the time test if they keep updated with the newest expectations from customers and live up to them. But as for fashion devotees, they will make fabulous statements with their styles, tastes and approaches to life once being meticulous about their looks.