Jehu Lane.

Guest TheBotanical

Guest TheBotanical

Can anybody tell me the location of Jehu Lane as I am currently arguing over it's location. I have 3 maps stating it was south of the Bull Stake but somebody else is arguing that it ran east of Fitzalan Square. Any help would be appreciated.

Isn't there a bit left of it running off Commercial Street? If you look it another way they are both right. Since Jew Lane starts at the bottom (south) of Bull Stake. And the bit that runs off Commercial Street, is on the East of Fitzalan.

Guest TheBotanical

Isn't there a bit left of it running off Commercial Street? If you look it another way they are both right. Since Jew Lane starts at the bottom (south) of Bull Stake. And the bit that runs off Commercial Street, is on the East of Fitzalan.

Surely the lane wasn't that wide? Looking at a 1780,1771 and 1784 map, it looks as though Jehu Lane simply carried on south of Bull Stake yet the on off commercial Street seems to far East off Fitzalan?

Surely the lane wasn't that wide? Looking at a 1780,1771 and 1784 map, it looks as though Jehu Lane simply carried on south of Bull Stake yet the on off commercial Street seems to far East off Fitzalan?

Previous discussion here : -