Adobe Flash Player Problem

History dude

I know a lot of members post video's from YouTube on this site. To watch these you have to have Adobe Flash Player installed on your computer. But Adobe recently brought out an upgrade to this - version 11. However I would advise caution in installing or upgrading to this version. Though some uses have experianced browsers crashing or worse, I experianced something different to that. I first became aware of a problem with it when I was listening to music previews on Amazon downloads. If I moved my mouse the music would start to jump like dirt on a CD :mellow: I next noticed that the same thing happened on YouTube. Playing sounds on my system didn't have the problem. So a Google search showed that several people had that problem the cause being this Flash Player number 11. There are suggestions on the website of Adobe, but none worked. Of course there's a "bug report" thing you can do, but that seems to envole lots of information about your computer being given. So nuts to that :blink:

So what I reckoned was that the old version worked fine (10.3) I'll put that back on ;-) Easier said than done :wacko: I found the link on the adobe website for it. Of course I had worked out first to remove the 11 version first! And then ran the link. It failed Saying I had to have the new version :angry:

However a search on the net soon found a chap who wanted to download an old version. He posted a reply on the website of Adobe. No-one from Adobe told him. It seems that Flash Player (even when removed) leaves a trace behind in your system registry - a folder called "SafeVersions". When you try to download the old version it detects this folder and stops you. :rolleyes: All you have do is delete that folder and then restart your system, then the link will download the 10.3 version :)

I did that today and the problem has gone. :P

I also went into the Adobe Flash Player and clicked "dont update"

So if you have 10.3 don't accept any updates for it.

Ah.... Some days are like that with computer's.....

To find the "SafeVersions" folder. Click start and then run - type "REGEDT.EXE" The click "edit" & "find" type the name "SafeVersions" and select that folder and delete it. Close down your computer and restart it. You will then be able to download the old version again.

It seems latest version: 11.3.300.262 is causing problems,

I have version 11.1.102.55 installed and have experienced problems in Firefox 13.0.1

Perform this check from each browser you have installed, it will show what version/s your running ... www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

It seems latest version: 11.3.300.262 is causing problems,

I have version 11.1.102.55 installed and have experienced problems in Firefox 13.0.1

Perform this check from each browser you have installed, it will show what version/s your running ... www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/

I have the 11.3.300.257 Adobe Flashplayer ActiveX control and the 11.3.300.262 Adobe Flashplayer Plug In both installed. So far I have noticed no problems at all.

I first became aware of a problem with it when I was listening to music previews on Amazon downloads. If I moved my mouse the music would start to jump like dirt on a CD :mellow: I next noticed that the same thing happened on YouTube. Playing sounds on my system didn't have the problem. So a Google search showed that several people had that problem the cause being this Flash Player number 11.

You forgot to mention the important bit, what browser are you using ?

I have four machines and only one suffered the problems. That one had problems regardless of the browser being used.

I'm using Internet explorer on a Windows XP system. It's still working great with the old one!

I'm using Internet explorer on a Windows XP system. It's still working great with the old one!

Mine seems to be running OK with the new one, using Internet Explorer on 2 different computers.

One has Windows XP and IE8 (the last version supported by XP)

Other has Windows 7 and both the 32 and 64 bit versions of IE9.