108 Fitzalan St

johnm

Can anyone please show me on a map where 108 Fitzalan St was in 1900 & was it nearer Burngreave end or Bridgehouses end?

Thanks, John

Guest plain talker

It was higher up the hill, John, nearer burngreave.

If you have a look at map 11, on here

You can see the nearest number to 108 listed as 106, near the corner of the old Verdon Street. you can see the next house up on the other side of the "entry" and work out which proprty it was

Thanks Plain talker, Thats just what I want but I am having difficulty trying to print off that map; If I ask for print it seems to just copy the top part of the map not the lower part I want.

Any ideas please?

Thanks, John

Thanks Plain talker, Thats just what I want but I am having difficulty trying to print off that map; If I ask for print it seems to just copy the top part of the map not the lower part I want.

Any ideas please?

Thanks, John

Have you downloaded the full size map to print out, or are you trying to print direct from the web ?

Thanks all, My fault was in trying to print it direct from teh screen; downloading file & then printing solves it.

Thanks, again, John

My great grandfather, James William Muteham, is listed in both 1901 and 1925 as living with his family at 108 Fitzalan St.   Would like to find out more about him or the address.   Can anyone help?

51 minutes ago, affabrous said:

My great grandfather, James William Muteham, is listed in both 1901 and 1925 as living with his family at 108 Fitzalan St.   Would like to find out more about him or the address.   Can anyone help?

Burials for James and wife Hannah are on Sheffield Indexers

http://www.sheffieldindexers.com/

If a professional boxer ever turns up on your doorstep with a black pomeranian dog, and is asking for lodgings, tell them to sling their hook.

28963447_BoardandLodgings1909.thumb.jpg.e4b00078cfccf9c99c27b8b21a40397f.jpg

726456625_Muteham108FitzalanSt1939.thumb.jpg.f8369d64dc86fb1fe108b02deacc0594.jpg

William Ernest Muteham (James' son) suffered a gunshot wound to his shoulder at Ypres in 1915 and as a Corporal in 3 Battalion KOYLI won the Mediterranean Medal during the Boer War.  The family lived at 61 Penistone Road in 1900 when he joined up.  There are some military service records available on Find My Past - do you already have these?.

1078665176_WilliamErnestMuteham1915.jpg.97d51905fad46c4438d6a6d23df91925.jpg

1830309275_WilliamErnestMuteham1915_2.jpg.22f3d9f1ee3f59d22454b5be1e94b276.jpg