Florence Benton

togger

Hi All,

I am doing some research in to a lady FLORENCE BENTON who died in the 4th Quarter of 1917 and lived at 87 Cundy Street, Walkley Sheffield. Has anyone got anymore information like, the exact date of death or date of burial and where buried?

Thank you

Hi All,

I am doing some research in to a lady FLORENCE BENTON who died in the 4th Quarter of 1917 and lived at 87 Cundy Street, Walkley Sheffield. Has anyone got anymore information like, the exact date of death or date of burial and where buried?

Thank you

Do you want census entries?

Think I have found her.

There's also somone on Ancestry has this person on their Tree.

Died aged just 21?

Forgot to add my mum is a Benton, but I don't think this is one of ours.... Yet ;-)

Yes that's her thank you for your hard work, appreciate it. All I need to do now is find out where she is buried. It's interesting that your mum is a Benton, and are you sure she is not one of us ;)

My lot seem to be connected with Silversmiths and come up from Birmingham. Whereas they seem to have come out of Yorkshire. If you have any in that trade or from there then chances are yes. If that is the case then I have some great photos of the family with my great-grandfather on them, which I could post here.

There was another branch of the Benton's that I came along that had one killed in WW1, again not linked to us, just wondering if they are connected to the above?

Thanks,

When you say one killed in WW1 can you elaborate ?

Arthur Benton = Birth Place: Sheffield, Death Date: 24 Oct 1918, Death Location: France & Flanders, Enlistment Location: Sheffield. Rank: Private, Regiment: York and Lancaster Regiment, Battalion: 2nd Battalion, Number: 12/1468, Type of Casualty: Killed in action, Theatre of War: Western European Theatre.

Some :mellow: The gaunt faced chap between two women (at the back) stood in front of that wooden thing, is William Walton Benton. The three lads to the right are Bentons one being Percy - the end one I think?. The chap with the watch below them is their father George "Albert" Benton, though he often in census doesn't use his middle name. The really old man could be his father George. I do think I know the name of the "big" chap, he's not a Benton, but to explain him and the weird family conection, with William Walton's wife, would confuse the hell out of everyone. 'Cause it does me :wacko:

Florence Benton's Father was called Joseph and her mother was Sarah as you know, but I don't recognise any of the people above, sorry, unless you know any different ?