Other Forums You Joined, Quit, Expelled, Or Won't Join

History dude

I've done this a few times - bringing top notch stuff for the attention of newer members e.g. the brilliant Coles Corner picture or "Dancing by Candlelight" both firm favourites of mine.

Neither designed or intended to provoke or elicit a response - both just approaching perfection - I wouldn't mind the interior of St Paul's being trolled once per year because it's superb and deserves attention.

So when someone on this site makes a post which just says "Just bringing this back up to the top" technically they are trolls then!

Members have been known to do this when, for example a seasonal topic is coming round again like Christmas or Rememberance day so that other members may find it easily and post in it. I can't see a problem with that at all, - just being helpful and possibly avoiding the risk of someone starting off a duplicate topic.

Then again, I can see that it is open to misuse and abuse as well.

I've done this a few times - bringing top notch stuff for the attention of newer members e.g. the brilliant Coles Corner picture or "Dancing by Candlelight" both firm favourites of mine.

Neither designed or intended to provoke or elicit a response - both just approaching perfection - I wouldn't mind the interior of St Paul's being trolled once per year because it's superb and deserves attention.

Like I said Richard, nothing wrong with bringing a long lost topic back to the top if it is done at the right time and in the right sort of way with the right intentions it can generate extra interest and posts from other members.

A big difference between bumping a thread back into view and trolling. As I said earlier, the Sutcliffe thread that started a few days ago was close to trolling - a new member going straight into a topic in a controversial way which could have resulted in various arguments amongst existing members - then disappears!

A big difference between bumping a thread back into view and trolling. As I said earlier, the Sutcliffe thread that started a few days ago was close to trolling - a new member going straight into a topic in a controversial way which could have resulted in various arguments amongst existing members - then disappears!

It was getting a bit tricky in the Sutcliffe thread wasn't it Mike.

Bumping a thread back is most often done by long serving, regular posting members with the best interests of the forum in mind.

Trolls seem to do things to cause trouble and then clear off once they have achieved that objective.

Just to put things straight.

Sheffield Forum does not contain viruses,

I have used the forum for many years without any problems, and have never

come across any other member who have contracted a computer virus

from the site.

It is also common place for people who have been suspended from a forum to spread

rumours that the forum contains threats to computer security.

A few years ago I joined SF but made very few postings. After a while I decided that I didn't like the atitude of some of the postings on the forum and asked them, without making any comment or criticism, to remove my details from the forum. They banned me too. I wonder if that's the only way they can remove you from the forum.

If I try to log on nowadays using my old details it still tells me I am banned FOR LIFE.

It seems a funny way to go on but I shall not lose any sleep about it.

HD