Looking For Info

Guest mickbash

Guest mickbash

Hi can anyone help again please, I'm looking for information on behalf of my wife's family. Name Herbert Baines born about 1898 I think his fathers name was Charles, but not sure what part of Sheffield they lived in.Herbert was orphaned when he was about 5 years old.He moved to the Mansfield Notts area.but dont know when.

Guest mickbash

Hi sorry but I dont know, she now tells n=me that his name might not be charles.But herbert was taken in by the people next door.Sorry I dont have much to go on.

I have found two results for Herbert Baines Born 1896, none with Charles as the Father and both

refering to Sheffield Addresses hope this might help.

1901 54 Primrose View, Ecclesall Bierlow. Baines Household.

1911 4 Court 1 Hse Clifton St Sheffield. Yates Household.

Hi can anyone help again please, I'm looking for information on behalf of my wife's family. Name Herbert Baines born about 1898 I think his fathers name was Charles, but not sure what part of Sheffield they lived in.Herbert was orphaned when he was about 5 years old.He moved to the Mansfield Notts area.but dont know when.

I would start by obtaining the marriage certificate from the GRO...this will give you his father's name and occupation. Do you know who he married?

Angela

In the first census scan above,

there is a frederick dies age 46 1904

an elizabeth dies age 50 1910

a walter age 14 in the 1911 in worksop nottingham

and herbert as shown in the second 1911 scan

as a maybe

Also a herbert and walter shown on the indexers under school records

Guest mickbash

Hi I think the Herbert I'm looking for is the one who lived with the Yates family as his parents had died, I know he lived in the Notts area because he married a woman from Mansfield Notts, named Sarah Ann Allen and had two children name Grace (B) 1924 and Walter (b)1934 so as they have the same names as mentioned in the other family it's possibile they are the same family.So many thanks to you all for the help.

The frederick above is in the general cemetery, address as above in census scan,

http://www.sheffieldrecordsonline.org.uk/