A Church & Chapel Section?

History dude

Can I suggest that Sheffield History has a section devoted to churches and chapels? A bit like the one for schools etc.

Any threads already running could be moved to it.

I suggest it might include a sub section soley for Sheffield Cathedral.

Perhaps too a sticky post for images and photo's of churches. I've got two of Gleadless Christ Church to start it off ;-)

After all churches are often the oldest buildings in our communities. They deserve a seperate section :)

As Sheffield History has many posts made about more recent times in living memory (second half of last century) as well as its older history, and, as the City has become a very cosmopolitan multicultural place during these more recent times where religions other than Christianity are now practiced ans accepted should we extend a section on churches and chapels to cover local Mosques and Synagoges etc as well?

I am sure there would be people in the City that see these buildings as "their chuch" and would like to see them included somewhere.

Further to this, some of us, me included, would like to know more about these buildings in the local area as like many who have little background knowledge of other religions I find the Mosque on Wolesley Road to be an impressive, magnificent looking awe inspiring building.

Fine then just call it "Religious buildings" section. That should cover every God going :)

Guest Barbara M

Can I suggest that Sheffield History has a section devoted to churches and chapels? A bit like the one for schools etc.

Any threads already running could be moved to it.

I suggest it might include a sub section soley for Sheffield Cathedral.

Perhaps too a sticky post for images and photo's of churches. I've got two of Gleadless Christ Church to start it off ;-)

After all churches are often the oldest buildings in our communities. They deserve a seperate section :)

I couldn't agree more !!! Very good idea that gets my support.

Fine then just call it "Religious buildings" section. That should cover every God going :)

Sounds good to me.

Has this any chance of happening. The creation of the religious building section? There are quite a number of threads in the general chat section that could all go there. It would make them much easy to find.

I asked this very same question to the Local Studies about their picturesheffield, they have categories of

Cinemas, Steel Industry, Cutlery etc but no slot to easy find churches.

I asked if there was a problem with this but they just tip toed around the question. :rolleyes: